Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 21 Jan 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Restaurant cook at home meals

Hi everyone!

As we are going to be well stuck in lockdown on Valentine’s Day. As we’ve been doing dry January too I’d really like to do something nice on the 14th.

I was thinking about a delivery from a nice restaurant, not a takeaway, but one of those prepare at home meals. I’ve seen a few but they are quite costly so I would love reviews.

I can cook so could just cook a meal. But was thinking about not being stuck in the kitchen all day

Thanks
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
I know Gary Usher has been doing Bistro in a Box and the foood looks amazing. Northcote are also doing a valentines cook at home box too - but it’s expensive as you’d imagine!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I know Gary Usher has been doing Bistro in a Box and the foood looks amazing. Northcote are also doing a valentines cook at home box too - but it’s expensive as you’d imagine!
Thanks Colette! Looks like both are sold out though..

I found one from the OXO tower, 5 courses with Harvey Nicks wine. It looks amazing but it is £200... a little more than I was looking at but it could be amazing

The Church green are doing 3 courses for £80 with no wine (but I could easy pair myself) Only issue is that I don’t like the starter, although DH would. I don’t really eat dessert either so only 1 course for me seems a bit disappointing
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Thanks Colette! Looks like both are sold out though..

I found one from the OXO tower, 5 courses with Harvey Nicks wine. It looks amazing but it is £200... a little more than I was looking at but it could be amazing

The Church green are doing 3 courses for £80 with no wine (but I could easy pair myself) Only issue is that I don’t like the starter, although DH would. I don’t really eat dessert either so only 1 course for me seems a bit disappointing
Why not message them and see if they can offer an alternative? Have you looked at Spirit? Bit closer to home and I remember them doing boxes in the first lockdown
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Pasta Evangelists?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Pasta Evangelists?
I did join pasta evangelists
But I was hoping for something a bit fancier for Valentine’s Day x

Edited at 09:59 AM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Why not message them and see if they can offer an alternative? Have you looked at Spirit? Bit closer to home and I remember them doing boxes in the first lockdown
Good idea! Will message them thanks 😀
Spirit restaurant is a great idea but is a slightly weird one. Bizarrely my husband had his first wedding reception there 😂 so it’s never somewhere that I’ve really fancied going for a romantic meal. He thinks I’m being daft though. Guess the meal boxes is a bit different though so will look now xxx
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Good idea! Will message them thanks 😀
Spirit restaurant is a great idea but is a slightly weird one. Bizarrely my husband had his first wedding reception there 😂 so it’s never somewhere that I’ve really fancied going for a romantic meal. He thinks I’m being daft though. Guess the meal boxes is a bit different though so will look now xxx
Ooooh it’s a bad omen - avoid!
Just looked at La Boheme for you - they don’t seem to have anything planned atm
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

My husband ordered a Rick Stein cook at home meal for next weekend, I will let you know what I think of it once it’s arrived.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We ordered a meal from Hickorys Smokehouse - there are 2 restaurants near us. They do a Hickorys at home service, where you just put it in the oven for 30 minutes and it’s cooked. We had loads of food - ribs, brisket, pulled pork, Mac and cheese, wings. Made a nice change to normal take out. It was delivered by DPD, and well packaged - would have it again.