Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 26 Mar 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

British Airways Dine at Home

You can now experience First Class airline dining in your own home courtesy of British Airways- they have introduced dine at home gourmet food boxes - small print - its not cheap, and you have to cook it yourself...

feastbox/collections/british-airways

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Oh blimey, I have done a few meal at home things recently, but I do think that they have got the price point wrong here. I have paid £100 for a well known chef’s menu that has been made for me. £100 to make my own airline dinner, no I don’t think so.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Wow that’s really not cheap is it?
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Could be a bargain with the 10% off voucher though. Fly Business class and you would be quids in.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I an sure this is an April fool posted earlier by BA

The price pint for mediocre food to cook at home is out of this world crazy !

I have had Rick Stynes cook at home had it was too notch and a fraction of this price and, for example, I have yet to have a decent steak in BA and would in a restaurant would send it back !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have to say that I already have the crockery as we bought it when they were selling it off a few months ago.

All I would need to do is to line up the dining room chairs, just like we used to do with the kids when we were playing buses and we would have the whole experience 😂
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Could be a bargain with the 10% off voucher though. Fly Business class and you would be quids in.
I “think” but stand by to be corrected the 10% only applies if you sign up to a subscription of having the meals every week/month rather than it being a one off jobby

Edited at 11:37 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
I have to say that I already have the crockery as we bought it when they were selling it off a few months ago.

All I would need to do is to line up the dining room chairs, just like we used to do with the kids when we were playing buses and we would have the whole experience 😂
I bought some too in the Dec sale and ordered some club class dishes last weekend (much cheaper than JL) but will shop at my local butcher and veg from market (ditch the awful English fizz) and sage £60-£80 for a Much better quality meal while supporting local business
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Review here...

headforpoints/2021/0...box-feast-box/
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I bought some too in the Dec sale and ordered some club class dishes last weekend (much cheaper than JL) but will shop at my local butcher and veg from market (ditch the awful English fizz) and sage £60-£80 for a Much better quality meal while supporting local business
I have another idea! I could get the loungers out the garage to be the lie flat seats and we could put on our First PJs. DH also has a First day blanket that he brought home by mistake

The only down side is that they sign you up to a recurring (non BA style) delivery unless you cancel.