Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Apr 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dibdon
Earning My Ears

Another one for Volcano Bay, my boys are 9&10 and absolutely love it. We sometimes go in the evening when it’s quiet and the volcano lights up. Stunning
dibdon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

For me Typhoon Lagoon is my favourite, the combination of theming, rides and the best wave pool. I still havent made it to Volcano bay to get a full comparison though.

Aquatica is one that I really want to love, but there is something about it which doesnt quite work for me (but I cant put my finger on it). Possibly how most of the slides start at the top of a big metal tower rather than being blended into the landscape. That said, I think Aquitica is the one my 7 year old is most looking forward to.

Assuming that we can travel in August (and that Typhoon Lagoon has opened), my plan is to have 3 water park mornings (plus a day at Discovery Cove), covering Typhoon Lagoon, Aquitica and Volcano Bay (with the latter two combining with a half day at SeaWorld / Universal respectively).
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
For me Typhoon Lagoon is my favourite, the combination of theming, rides and the best wave pool. I still havent made it to Volcano bay to get a full comparison though.

Aquatica is one that I really want to love, but there is something about it which doesnt quite work for me (but I cant put my finger on it). Possibly how most of the slides start at the top of a big metal tower rather than being blended into the landscape. That said, I think Aquitica is the one my 7 year old is most looking forward to.

Assuming that we can travel in August (and that Typhoon Lagoon has opened), my plan is to have 3 water park mornings (plus a day at Discovery Cove), covering Typhoon Lagoon, Aquitica and Volcano Bay (with the latter two combining with a half day at SeaWorld / Universal respectively).
Much the same. You may however perhaps consider Volcano Bay a very worthy rival once you have tried it.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:38 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Thanks guys.

I think I was edging more to Blizzard Beach for the ski patrol training camp area?
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

We haven't been to Volcano Bay yet but I love Aquatica and would spend my whole holiday there!
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
All the water parks have the flotation water vest things for kids to use who aren't confident in the water. Also, there are large ones too for adults if you have any who aren't strong swimmers.

The lazy river at Discovery Cove is great, but there are parts that are very deep. You wont be able to touch the bottom so it's good to be prepared for that and take some of the noodles and stay near the less confident swimmers.

My kids absolutely loved the little kids play areas at Blizzard Beach, DS was so sad when he realised he was too tall for it.

Our favourite Disney water park is Typhoon Lagoon. I've never been dunked on any of their slides. They have lots of rubber rings and boat slides as well as the family raft ride. They are all brilliant fun, but really no fear of falling out or going under the water at the end of the slide.

Others have mentioned Aquatica which is the SeaWorld water park. We loved it but my kids were older and liked the thrills. The lazy river is amazing there.

Volcano Bay is awesome too. This is the Universal water park. So if you're not going to Universal then I would skip this one.

My recommendation would be Typhoon Lagoon as it is such good fun. A shame you can't snorkel with the sharks anymore as that attraction has now gone. I won't ever forget us all doing this and realising 2m in that DS aged 9 had not felt brave and stayed on the ledge...DD who was only 7 was way ahead and I had to coax her big brother down. It all worked out fine in the end. The rides at TL are great the family raft ride is fun and the lazy river is great.

Are you staying at a resort or villa? If you're at a resort there will be splash pools with kids play areas that are fun and in a similar vein to the ski patrol at BB.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Aquatica for us. Enjoy it far more than the Disney water parks. We only spent a couple of hours at Volcano Bay due to time constraints so looking forward to more time there next year. I found Tapu Tapu a little annoying but I don’t think I utilised it properly.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Volcano Bay all day long for us.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Aquatica for us. Enjoy it far more than the Disney water parks. We only spent a couple of hours at Volcano Bay due to time constraints so looking forward to more time there next year. I found Tapu Tapu a little annoying but I don’t think I utilised it properly.
I expected to hate Tapu tapu, but actually warmed to it in the end. I only used it for booking rides, though.

As for best water park, let’s be honest and say that all of them are rather excellent and you cannot really go wrong whichever you choose.

The kids play area in Aquatica is amazing to behold. I just wish I was a kid!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

typhoon lagoon for us
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List