Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 May 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Issue with tenants behind us

We have an issue with the tenants of the house behind us and I’m not sure how best to tackle it

We are in a new build and have a row of social housing behind us
We are having issues with the one directly behind us who’s garden backs onto ours.

A few months ago they put a trampoline up which is right against our fence
Their children are on it a lot and scream and shout constantly when they are
The thing that’s getting to us is the young boy swears and shouts really inappropriate things when he’s on there and has now started directing some of it at us
There is never any sign of an adult when this happens
We now come in when they are out there and turn the tv up to try to drown the noise out
I’m worried for the summer especially as it looks like we won’t be going away now

What would you do?
Old 8 May 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am not sure there is anything you can do unless they are doing it at unsociable hours.
I had a noise issue with a neighbour if you want to pm me. Its being dealt with legally so I better not explain on an open forum 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

To be honest there's probably nothing you can do.

They are in the privacy of their garden.
I have children and I wouldn't want my neighbours telling me they cannot play on the trampoline (I know it's more than this but that's how it could be perceived).

You could always knock and speak to the parents and see what reaction you get.

I'm sorry you're not able to enjoy your own space.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
To be honest there's probably nothing you can do.

They are in the privacy of their garden.
I have children and I wouldn't want my neighbours telling me they cannot play on the trampoline (I know it's more than this but that's how it could be perceived).

You could always knock and speak to the parents and see what reaction you get.

I'm sorry you're not able to enjoy your own space.
Wouldn’t dream of saying they can’t play on their trampoline
It’s more the obscene language from the boy and that they are directing stuff at us now
Old 8 May 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Not sure what could be done as they’re in their own garden. By the sounds of it not much point trying to speak to parents.
Try and get some large plants for screening - bamboo planted in troughs for example.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

If it's social housing is there a housing association/council you can complain to?
Old 8 May 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I would be careful.

If you speak to the parents they could take it as an insult, that you are saying they are bad parents (some people swear, some don't) and behaviour can get MUCH worse than a bit of directed swearing on a trampoline in the daytime.

Would ignore it, we have had a number of good and bad tenants behind us, talking to people very rarely gives a positive outcome.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I would be careful.

If you speak to the parents they could take it as an insult, that you are saying they are bad parents (some people swear, some don't) and behaviour can get MUCH worse than a bit of directed swearing on a trampoline in the daytime.

Would ignore it, we have had a number of good and bad tenants behind us, talking to people very rarely gives a positive outcome.
This was my thinking
I can’t seeing any good coming from it
Old 8 May 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I purchased a new build 9 years ago and believed we would be in it for a very long time.

In an estate of 102 houses, 27 were Social. The problem was that some of the families were antisocial in the extreme, feral and with loud music, loud parties and very loud domestics as well as frequent Police attendance. A man’s possessions being burnt on the children’s play area after a domestic, a 10 year old well known threatened to key my wife’s car, etc etc etc.

We sold up after 4 years and were simply glad to get out. The fact that it was a Persimmon Home with the usual string of faults, did not help either. We purchased a further new build in a smaller Housing Estate after ensuring that..
1. There was no Social Housing.
2. It was not a Persimmon Home.

This one is in probability our ‘forever home’.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I'd try and ignore it as much as possible, the children might tire of the trampoline soon. It's annoying I know, maybe sit in the garden at times when they are out/at school if possible.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List