Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 May 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Robin3
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by GLJ2 View Post
Absolutely not. If someone is vaccinated then why do they care about whether others have been? What about screening out those with AIDS, Hepatitis, etc too?
Or better still ban the obese. That way those who look after there bodies won’t have to endure being cramped next to them for 9hours on a plane
People need to be careful what they wish for!
But we don’t close the world down because of the obese or AIDS, etc. We have closed the world down because of COVID & I agree with no vaccine no entry to anything if I’m honest (with exception of those not offered the jab or medically can’t have it) it’s not about me catching it & so why should I care if people have it or not it’s the restrictions we ALL might have to have again to protect the unvaccinated I strongly object too! People who won’t take the jab shouldn’t be allowed the same freedom that those that have.
Robin3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by purikura View Post
Florida state has made it so businesses cannot discriminate - you aren’t allowed to ask for vaccination status and can’t deny entry to unvaccinated people.
Personally I don’t understand the logic behind denying unvaccinated people into things anyway. If you’ve been vaccinated then you’re protected, so you shouldn’t be super concerned about catching Covid from anyone who hasn’t been vaxxed yet. And as someone else said, kids haven’t had the chance yet through no fault of their own!
I feel very torn by this, I agree that unvaccinated people shouldn’t be penalised by by forcing businesses to not be able to ask for proof is scuppering plans to get cruises going again.

I think an exception should be made for environments that are deemed to be at higher risk.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
purikura
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I feel very torn by this, I agree that unvaccinated people shouldn’t be penalised by by forcing businesses to not be able to ask for proof is scuppering plans to get cruises going again.

I think an exception should be made for environments that are deemed to be at higher risk.
I believe currently cruise ships are proposing to sail out of other states now e.g. New Jersey due to that lack of ability to discriminate in Florida.
Cruises are kind of a different beast to parks I think given the nature of them (lots of people essentially "trapped" in one place) especially thinking back to all those poor people who ended up being stuck on them for so long.
purikura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Zummerzet
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by purikura View Post
Cruises are kind of a different beast to parks I think given the nature of them (lots of people essentially "trapped" in one place)
Floating Petri Dishes, I believe John Oliver called them.
2016 Sequoia Lodge DLP
2022 Hilton Bonnet Creek
Zummerzet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Should the parks only allow people to visit if they have been vaccinated
That way masks wouldn't needed to be worn at all in the parks.
Sure, why not, what’s the worse that could happen
Old 15 May 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
For people who don't like kids it would be great 😉
Might also lead to shorter queues which equals more rides
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Should the parks only allow people to visit if they have been vaccinated
That way masks wouldn't needed to be worn at all in the parks.
Next you'll be suggesting Disney shouldn't let people into the parks if they don't wear a mask, whether they choose not to wear a mask due to personal choice or because they have a medical/psychological reason.

Oh wait...

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

In the US 12+ are being vaccinated... my 15 year has had her first shot her second is coming June 5th.
Old 19 May 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Espman1
Trying for More Ears

Until everyone has been offered the vaccine how could you make it a requirement?

I have just turned 30 so still haven't been offered my jab yet, as soon as I am able too have it, I will.
I have continued working all through the pandemic, my gf is a nurse so she has worked tirelessly (and is now vaccinated) but we still cant go on holiday together because I haven't been given the option of a jab yet.
I will tread carefully on this one, but I have friends who have type 2 diabetes so have been offered the jab early, in their words they said 'because of their lifestyle they get to jump the ques for the vaccine' They were also given full pay to not go into work last year because of their vulnerability - I had to pick up their work for no extra pay.
But make it mandatory to have the jab, and I cant go on holiday, but they could? (Doesn't seem fair does it?)

So to say you must have a jab to be able to go somewhere or do something is a real bug bear of mine currently, because not everyone has had the chance, and are now potentially being punished for it.

Once everyone has had the chance to take up the vaccination maybe you could ask those questions, but I cant see how they could ever enforce it.
Espman1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Espman1 View Post
Until everyone has been offered the vaccine how could you make it a requirement?
Disney have made it a requirement on their cruise liner here in the UK, albeit only for adults. Not every adult will have been offered the full vaccination by the time of the sailings.

So if they've done it there, then they could do it at the parks. If they wanted.

However, the issue comes in asking for proof in Florida that a guest has been vaccinated; they aren't allowed to do that. Therefore, a guest could simply claim they have had the vaccination and Disney has to take them at their word.

Hence, this isn't actually going to happen. It's merely an interesting little debate that someone was posing.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List