Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
Only ask as it’s Monday morning and I really can’t be bothered at the moment..

Over the past few weeks my mind is constantly thinking about how much I can’t wait for retirement which is a bit of a problem as I’ve got a mortgage to pay and I’m only 46 😊

Problem is I’m at the stage of my career that I can’t really afford to take a pay cut that would inevitably be needed should I want to change career.

Anyway mini moan over and back to work I go.
I often feel similar from a similar scenario, kind of a love hate relationship with work. Trying to focus on work life balance and doing more with my free time but there are definitely tough days
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I love my job but don't bounce out of bed, I never feel that sinking feeling though.

It's taken me a while to get to this point and there are still times of year when I feel overwhelmed but finally I'm doing what I love (teaching) in a place that values and respects me (private school) and I'm given the resources to do it properly. It helps that I have a great set of colleagues too.

I did take that leap of faith a year and a half ago, I left a permanent job for a maternity cover and luckily it's paid off.
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't hate my job but it's stopping me doing what I want so - despite no state pension yet - I am retiring on Friday! Can't quite believe it yet!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I love going to work and my job, I just wished it paid more.
Life has changed for me since my husband walked out last year and work is my lifeline. I am happy at work and I can be myself - wish I could say the same at home.
I just need my job to be full time.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I hate my job and if I could afford to take early retirement I would do so but it's not to be. I'll be working till I die!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I don’t enjoy going to my day job. Regardless of what it is, I hate it.

I love my second job though and even if we won the lottery I wouldn’t give that up. I am excited to go to work tonight.

But the normal Monday - Friday 9-5? Hate it.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Not sure if I should be ‘pleased’ that others are in my predicament or whether it’s sad that we’re spending a big proportion of our lives being somewhere we don’t want to be.

I suppose it makes the breaks from work and the holidays all the more satisfying when they arrive 😊

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I’ve got 6 years until I reach state pension age, and as much as I’d like to, I won’t be able to retire until then.
I don’t hate my job, but it can be and usually is very physical and as much as I don’t like to admit it, sometimes I struggle.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
The job I’m in at the moment is the best I’ve ever had so far, the actual company is great to work for and the other people I work with are also great.

But...I’d never ever be happy working I don’t think, I get really bad anxiety about going to work and if I’m off for a holiday the thought of going back makes me ill. I’m such a home person, I like the comfort of home and if do go out, I like to be with those closest to me.

Even if I could work just 3 days a week, I think that would suit me better.

Edited at 05:06 PM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I am semi retired too, a small nhs pension, (a non working OH), and a very part time job... I work 9 hours a week from home, 3 x 2 hour shifts and 1 x 3 hours, fri pm, sat and sun am and mon pm, I let them know the month before what I’d like to work and they give me the shifts. The pay is enough to save us using savings till the state pension comes in January but it’s so easy to do from home I’m actually not packing in while I can still work.
The job is interesting, I’m still learning after 45+ years as a nurse/midwife, I get great support from management, access to the training I need (paid) and it’s seriously the best job I’ve ever had... I’m also a reflective supervisor which I can do as part of my hours and that adds variety...
I still sometimes feel I can’t be bothered to move to my little office at times, but I’m fine when I get my bum off the sofa...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 05:25 PM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List