Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jul 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
I've just booked the Royal Mint Experience (Wales). It will be my first indoor experience / outing. They are limited to 7 people on a tour time slot.

I've been to a couple of local National Trust places, Attingham Park and Shugborough. I've found them well set up with time slots and one way system where needed.

We've visited Chester and Twcross zoos. Arriving early is best as it was a bit busy by lunchtime at the most popular animals. But people were queuing correctly. We just moved on as DH dislikes queuing.
My DH has often mentioned visiting the Royal Mint but we’ve never made it there (yet) It sounds a good time to visit with the limited numbers, I hope you enjoy it. We are actually visiting our first NT property later today so that will show up on here in a few days time as I’m writing a few days behind.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We’ve only visited our supermarket, which I’ve hated but made myself do it, and a garden centre before the day trips so this is a huge step as we’ve planned such a wide range of places to visit. I definitely wouldn’t feel ready for a trip to Cardiff yet. I hope you manage to get out a little more soon, it’s difficult to do after feeling safer at home but going to quiet places at first is the best way I feel
My daughter lives in Swansea - she is home for a couple of weeks since Wales let her out! She said Swansea is "just lovely" (see- she's even picking up the lingo!). Busy at times, but people are generally great at social distancing in the city centre. She feels more "at risk" over here in leafy suburban Cheltenham than wandering through the city.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by iloveholidays1 View Post
Just read your thread, thanks for posting, I live in Gloucestershire, so far I can relate to where you have visited. Do like a Trago Mills trip, but I'll wait until September and just pop into the Falmouth one on holiday hopefully.
I did wonder if it would be of any help to anyone as it is all based within an hour or so drive from home. Although I guess everyone has similar attractions close to them so hopefully it will help. Trago wasn’t too busy in general, but the craft section was very busy. I think a lot of people were buying fabric for masks. Of course, there’s a queue to get the fabric cut and this meant the one way system became confusing and our poor DD just felt really claustrophobic and panicky.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
The sculpture trail is one of our go-to days out. Thank you for letting us know how it is at the moment.
I think it was worse as it was a Sunday, and the weather was so good. Maybe a week day would be quieter. It’s a lovely walking area and we would definitely return another time. You are lucky to live in such a gorgeous area 😀
Old 23 Jul 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We were meant to go to the suspension bridge today (we’ve got a free pre wedding photo shoot from our videographer!), we’re going to Ashton court instead now I’ve never been to the bridge!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I want to go on a day trip tomorrow but the thing that worries me is if I am out all day I will need a trip to the loo. Not sure if they are open anywhere.

The forest trail looks lovely.
Loos were open at both Trago and the visitor centre at the Forest. I didn’t use the loos, but DH did at the Forest. He used sanitiser before he went in, washed hands thoroughly after and then I nagged him into using more hand sanitiser 😂

We’ve taken hand gel, wipes and masks with us every time we go out and use the gel loads, every time we touch any surface I whip the sanitiser out. I’m becoming a bit ocd over it but it helps me feel safer. We also have a plastic backed picnic rug, which you can see in the Forest photo, which we use to sit on or to put on a table before we eat to protect us from bare surfaces
Old 23 Jul 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
My daughter lives in Swansea - she is home for a couple of weeks since Wales let her out! She said Swansea is "just lovely" (see- she's even picking up the lingo!). Busy at times, but people are generally great at social distancing in the city centre. She feels more "at risk" over here in leafy suburban Cheltenham than wandering through the city.
My son is in Swansea too, he’s said it’s good there although he’s not been out a lot either as he’s working from home. His fiancée works in the Morrisons there and says it’s not very good in there and there’s no clear one way system etc but I think supermarkets are the worst places to visit and these day trips are definitely going better than my weekly shopping trips 😂
Old 23 Jul 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
We were meant to go to the suspension bridge today (we’ve got a free pre wedding photo shoot from our videographer!), we’re going to Ashton court instead now I’ve never been to the bridge!
We had never been to the Bridge before either. I’m hoping to write up our trip there this evening. Getting ready to go to today’s day trip now 😀
Old 23 Jul 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

Is there a Trago in Ebbw Vale now?
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I know exactly how you feel with your anxieties. I never had any issues before but since this has all started my anxiety is through the roof. I bravely went for a trip to a local waterfall on tuesday morning then visited a little village where ive been many times. I anti-bac the picnic table before sitting down and had my first item of food in public since beg of march. I did leave when more people started to arrive but it was a start. There was a family that wasnt particular bothered and i found out they were guests on the site we are at as well. I ventured into the onsite shop on park when it was quiet but loads started to pile in so i had leave hubby and rushed out of the shop. Im getting there very slowly and i mean slowly, i would probably be a lot better it others abided by the guidelines but im leaving the confines of the 4 walls now.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List