Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Changing photos, yes or no?!

We had a Fab holiday in Florida in Feb.
However daughter being a grumpy teen put a few dampeners on it. Mainly as she refused to smile for phots, even the biggies like outside the castle. This means I decided against having any otherwise nice ones framed and on display as she dislikes them as much as it annoys me.
The main reason she has given his her teeth. They aren’t the best love her (after an expected total wait of 3 1/3 years for braces in our area I have decided I can live with one kidney and now her braces are on in the next few weeks)
Anyways, son found an app where you can edit photos including one to make people smile.
Would you adapt a few photos to have her fake smiling? Just so we have a few ‘photographic’ photos as a family.
Or just accept it as that was the real side of the holiday with teens and we just have to live with them.
Or wait until her teeth are perfect in 18 months and go again this option may be a no for a while yet.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
We had a Fab holiday in Florida in Feb.
However daughter being a grumpy teen put a few dampeners on it. Mainly as she refused to smile for phots, even the biggies like outside the castle. This means I decided against having any otherwise nice ones framed and on display as she dislikes them as much as it annoys me.
The main reason she has given his her teeth. They aren’t the best love her (after an expected total wait of 3 1/3 years for braces in our area I have decided I can live with one kidney and now her braces are on in the next few weeks)
Anyways, son found an app where you can edit photos including one to make people smile.
Would you adapt a few photos to have her fake smiling? Just so we have a few ‘photographic’ photos as a family.
Or just accept it as that was the real side of the holiday with teens and we just have to live with them.
Or wait until her teeth are perfect in 18 months and go again this option may be a no for a while yet.
I wouldnt change them but that is just my opinion.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No I don’t think I would , just doesn’t feel right to me as you would know it wasn’t a real smile and really, photos are for your memories as a family , not anyone else’s .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Same leave them then in years to come she look back and laugh
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

We got married in Florida & my DH’s 15 year old son was with us. He’s smiling in very few of the photos so it took a while to choose which ones to put in frames! I wouldn’t change them, but that’s just my opinion.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

The purpose of photos is memories. Why rewrite these by making them false.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We have been to Florida 6 times, once with my two as teens - that year we got them to take a photo of DH and I with Mickey as they totally refused to have 'lame' photos taken anywhere. We all love that photo, its part of having teens.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

No I definitely wouldn’t change them.
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I understand why you're upset but I'm with the others, leave them - and recreate.

Years ago my mum & dad wanted pictures of us sitting on a bench in MK. Myself and my middle sister sat and smiled, the youngest sat a wee bit further away, folded arms and grumpy face. This was pre digital cameras so it was committed to film.
After a couple more visits over the years and a bit of maturing, we were back at the same bench (or thereabouts) and we recreated the pose. This had the added joy of my youngest sister really struggling to keep a straight face whilst scowling.

We've all been grouchy/self conscious teens and it is part of the experience.
Wee_Red is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post

i see nothing wrong with photoshopping the odd picture

they are photo's of memories, but the memory is you all stood infront of the castle

Keep the originals safe, try and few and see how you feel, if you like them, job done, if you dont, just delete them, you have nothing to lose
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List