Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Power bank

Hi can anyone recommend a decent power pack please, neeed for iphones whilst camping.
Old 6 Aug 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Anker make some pretty reliable ones.

Which one depends on the size and amount you want to spend.

Anything over 5000mah will do a full charge. I'd personally look at 20,000mah if size is not an issue.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Anker here too, we have the one thats around £25. It was fab at Disney, fit in my bumbag, and now for camping. It will charge our iPhones several times, and my iPad. It also comes in useful when I’m in the garden or sat on the couch and too far from the charger 🙈
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post

we have a ANKER, had it a few years now, charges 2 iphones

BUT

we also have cheap pound shop ones, now these will put about 50% back in your phone, but they are £1 each, the higher capacity ones are £2 and put about 75% back into my phone

Now why buy them for £1 or £2, well if you lose them, its not a biggie, we have a fair few of the cheapo ones and charge them up when we go to WDW, if they get wet in a bag and die, its £1 gone

some camp sites will charge your chargers up, you pay £1 and they will charge them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I bought this for our recent camping trip: amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I left it in the sun - generally on the front, back or roof of the car so the solar panels kept charging the pack up, which meant it lasted longer - we had three iPhones, two Apple Watches, an iPad and a Switch to keep charged and this did the job!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I've had several Anker power banks in various sizes, all have been flawless.

Love my PowerCore 20100 and have used it for years, especially when I know I'm going to need to recharge several times or charge two devices at the same time. Recently switched to a newer model with a quick charge port now that I have a phone that supports USB-C and that one is amazing as well.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Another vote for Anker from me, I currently have two with different capacities and charging ports (one is a standard USB-A output, the other has an additional USB-C output which can be used to charge my USB-C devices). I find around 10,000 mAh the sweet spot for daily use, it's not too heavy but provides enough power even if I forgot to charge the power bank!

In the past I've also had Mophie powerbanks, which also worked really well and were really nice especially since I had one with the in-built lightning cable. However they are priced far higher than the Anker equivalents so I'd go for Anker on the basis of price. (I only bought them because I was desperate for them and they were available, waiting for delivery wasn't an option at that point.)
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

An Anker one for me bought from Amazon last year approx £25 for our Disney trip after a recommendation on here (from Mr T I think!).
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Without doubt Anker, I have a lipstick one which holds enough to recharge my iPhone and a ‘pack’ which will charge iPhone many times or iPad a couple of times but has 2 outlets so can charge 2 items at once.
You won’t go wrong with Anker Charging equipment & cables 😊👍
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DH and I both have imuto power banks. Got them for going to Australia last new year.

They are quite heavy but have a lot of juice. There's a display to show what power is left. Fits all sorts of power cables.

We got them on Amazon.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List