Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Good flight price - Sept 2019

Hello!

We're looking at a trip in September, I had been looking at 7th-21st but just found what I think is a good price for 31st Aug - 14th Sept.

LGW-MCO with Thomas Cook is £410 return, including baggage and meals but not seats. Is that a decent price or is it likely to come down a lot? Our other option is to book super last minute in Aug but obviously that could be a risk.

Also, side note - is it crazy busy for Labour Day week?
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I'd say it's decent but not a bargain, if you look on sky scanner most of the BA & Virgin flights for September are around £400 too. I'm planning a week in September too and hoping for to pay around £350 but will likely accept £400 especially as a week onsite is coming up so cheap
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm currently looking for flights from 16th til 30th September and prices from London are more than that at the moment (if you add in the cost for bags), however prices from up north (Newcastle ideally) are so much more! I would happily take £400 at the moment!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I'm currently looking for flights from 16th til 30th September and prices from London are more than that at the moment (if you add in the cost for bags), however prices from up north (Newcastle ideally) are so much more! I would happily take £400 at the moment!
Norwegian & Thomas cook are around £420 with luggage for those dates
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Norwegian & Thomas cook are around £420 with luggage for those dates
Thanks, however neither fly from up here sadly. Gatwick is about 4 hours on the train and an over night stay the night before, both of which make the trip substantially more expensive! I will do London if I really have to, bit not giving up hope of a flight from up here yet!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked, cost us £999 total and that included meals and seats, exit row on way out - might be cheaper eventually but we were happy with £500pp for that lot. I literally scoured Skyscanner and all airlines direct and yep, there's nothing sub even £550 including seats at the moment!

ETA: Norwegian were marginally cheaper and we're flying with them in May so would have been happy to book with them but with all the uncertainty I'd rather not have the worry!

Edited at 10:17 AM.
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Becca_
Trying for More Ears

I've been looking to see if we could get a sneaky week in for September (around 13th-20th) and the flight prices from Edinburgh/Glasgow just seem crazy! Wanted about £1000 for two adults but everything im looking at (BA, Virgin, United etc) is all coming up £1500+!
Becca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I suspect whatever happens with Brexit the airlines are holding fares in expectation that those holding back will rush to book once it's clear the sky isn't going to fall after all. Once that's done we will see lower fares for later in the year.

Edited at 01:38 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
quizzer
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Becca_ View Post
I've been looking to see if we could get a sneaky week in for September (around 13th-20th) and the flight prices from Edinburgh/Glasgow just seem crazy! Wanted about £1000 for two adults but everything im looking at (BA, Virgin, United etc) is all coming up £1500+!
You can get flights for two people for less than half of your quoted price, if you can face flying out of Inverness (and back into EDI/GLA)
quizzer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List