Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mine is on royal canin, he has the medium ageing now was he is almost 13 but had other types before that. I feed my cats royal canin too as anything else gives one of my female cats a really dodgy tummy.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We have a German Shepherd with a fussy tum so he is on Barking Heads. We’ve noticed a big difference but it’s not cheap. We stick to either the Salmon or Chicken flavours and that seems to have worked for him.
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine eats Paleo Ridge and Able
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Many years ago we were advised by a dog behavioural expert that there were only 2 foods on the uk market that were all natural products and hypoallergenic - James Wellbeloved and Bob and Lush (online only) my dogs have been on Bob and Lush ever since, it has 55% duck and all veg compared to say JW which is 35% (off memory). It is expensive but we are on subscribe and save which gives 10% off every order, reliable and great service.
Since then I believe the uk market has improved and there are a few others out there who do tailored products.
We have the duck and rice kibble but as she is getting older and a bit fatter! Moving her on to the Salmon lower calorie option.
We avoid all the big names like Eukanuba as they still do animal testing (or did)

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 02:31 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

When we first got our puppy he was on Royal Canin puppy food and we continued with that, moving him onto Royal Canin breed specific adult food when he was old enough.

But we struggled to get him to eat enough and he seemed to have a few tummy upsets/diarrhoea quite often.

Then he started getting allergies, licking his paws etc so I did a bit of research and moved him onto James Wellbeloved Turkey and Rice pouches of wet food.

His tummy upsets have disappeared and his allergies are so much better.

It’s a lot more expensive than the Royal Canin dry food but totally worth it for him.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The only food i would give is raw, friends dog was raw fed from a reputable source, still ended up with ecoli infection. I suppose as long as they seem happy and healthy thats all we can go by.
Old 30 May 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We went through so many foods for our older cocker and her late brother, as she has a very sensitive tummy. 5 years ago we started raw feeding with Natural Instinct food, and when our younger cocker came along she went onto the raw too. We've never looked back - no tummy upsets, empty bowls every mealtime, less wind and parcels which are much easier to pick up.

Earlier this year we moved from Natural Instinct to a local supplier, partly because we lost our breeder discount and shipping was becoming very expensive, and partly to support a local business and the local meat market.
Old 30 May 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Thanks all for the replies.

She doesn't have a sensitive tummy, just very very picky. The Royal Canin was the only puppy food she would eat. We've tried loads.

I'm so used to labradors where they will eat anything!
Michelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bessie
Apprentice Imagineer

Pets at Home chicken & veg dried food mixed with chicken breast & veg is the only dog food our pampered princess will eat. Other than that it's cod fillet, steak mince, scrambled egg & toast
Star Island & Westgate Lakes 2 wks Sept 98, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 99, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 00, Blue Tree Resort & AMI 3 wks Sept 01, DLP Aug 02, Venetian Bay Villages 2 wks Aug 08, Bella Piazza 2 wks Aug 11 Windsor Hills 3 wks Aug 12, Windsor Hills 2 wks Oct 15 Paradise Palms 2 wks June 2017
Bessie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We fed Lola eukanuba and fresh cooked chicken until she had her cancer diagnosis, when I started to look for ways to help her I was so shocked at the link between kibble and dog cancers and we changed her to raw , the difference in her was amazing , we lost Lola in January and I vowed that if we ever got another pup then I would definitely feed raw , we are waiting on the litter which is due to arrive two weeks tomorrow to finally see our new fur baby so I’m trying to read up as much as I can about raw feeding a pup so if anyone has any experience or knowledge it would be most welcome xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List