Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
We are also booked on this cruise and , like you , are waiting until closer to our ( delayed) final payment date at the end of June. We’ve booked with a US TA and would get our deposit back. Would you be able to share details of the FB group with me please? Xxx
Did they extent the payment deadline again?

We paid ours in full a few weeks ago so wouldn’t have seen any new emails regarding PIF deadlines.

If you search for Fantasy August 15 2020 you’ll find the fb group.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Ive just today cancelled my European cruise 13th September on the Magic. Pay in full day was 15th but Mum and I had decided we were'nt going to go. When I logged in to get the booking number I didnt notice cabin details but I did notice that the itinerary had disappeared, I thought perhaps they are looking at options to change but perhaps they are going to cancel. Its sad but we are hopefully going to book for the 7 night Norweigan next year instead.
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Did they extent the payment deadline again?

We paid ours in full a few weeks ago so wouldn’t have seen any new emails regarding PIF deadlines.

If you search for Fantasy August 15 2020 you’ll find the fb group.
I’m not sure if the US booking conditions are the same as the Uk ones but we were due to pay on 26th May and then it was postponed to 26th June. Thanks for telling me about the FB group 😊👍

Oops! Big numpty mistake! I’m booked on the 25th 3 night cruise 😂 Sorry for the muddle !

Edited at 04:54 PM.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

We canceled our New York cruise in October on the Magic. We are just waiting for our deposit to be paid back on the card. I'm sad about it but there are just too many what ifs and we have no idea how the social distancing would work. We have a deposit on one next year in the summer holidays from Dover.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaffacake
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We have a Cruise and Stay package booked for Sept. Balance is due next week. Phoned WDTC a few weeks ago to discuss options, defer payment /move booking /cancel etc. Was told that although WDW were deferring balance payments to 35 days before arrival, DCL would still be expecting balance mid June, so, other than cancel & lose deposit, we would have to pay. Flights are with BA Avios, so we can cancel for £35 each. Hoping the withdrawal of the free DDP is considered a major change to the package and we can cancel with deposit refunded.
Jaffacake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Just postponed a cruise on the Dream in mid August to 2021. 😕

Is anyone else having issues accessing their reservations in the app?

EDIT: From the previous page of this thread I see I’m not alone!

Edited at 06:22 PM.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Disney Cruise Line website and App are having major IT issues today. Even the port excursion pages are playing up.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So all the missing info from the website as Bad Pink Tink mentioned was a glitch in the website. Rumour has it that Winter 2021 cruises might have been being added to the site in the background and that this week the announcement might be made over them. The info has however all reappeared as of late yesterday afternoon.

We paid for our cruise (WBTA in October) last week as PIF was June 4th. They didn't extend it or change it anyway so decided that if I can go I will go. If they end up cancelling then I should be able to change most of what I have booked separately so it should be fine.
Old 26 Jun 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
So we held on to the 91 day mark but in the absence of any communication from Disney, we’ve today cancelled our cruise and lost the deposit.

I have to admit I suspect Disney will cancel the cruise in the course of time, but we weren’t prepared to potentially lose more money if they didn’t.

The agent did seem to suggest that if Disney does cancel, they may then return our deposit; that would be great if they did but if not, we’ll take the loss.

She also offered to move the money to another cruise but this (our first experience) has put us off the idea of cruising, to be honest!

A final note; I was on hold for 2.5 hours and it took like 30 secs once I got through; I was entertained by the choice of hold music. “Go the distance” and “how far I’ll go”? If only.
My planned cruise has now been formally cancelled by Disney; I’d emailed DCL mentioning the agent had suggested we’d get deposit back and they’ve confirmed we will get it refunded.

Happy with that as customer service, thanks Disney!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List