Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 16 Nov 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Christmas dinner DESSERT

What is everyone having for dessert on Christmas day?

We don’t like mince pies or Christmas cake & pudding. So my mum doesn’t get any deserts at all. She always gets the kids a selection box so they just tuck into them and the adults will have some quality street.
But I am thinking of taking a nice, special desert for us all to have this year. There will definitely be 6 of us but if my sister is allowed then there will be 9 of us.
So I need some inspiration, bought or made I don’t mind.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We always save our pudding for Boxing Day. After dinner on Christmas Day we follow the Italian custom of having cantucci biscuits with a sweet wine to dip them into.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

My daughter is going to make profiteroles for Christmas Day dessert and I’m planning on making a cheesecake. My partner likes Christmas pudding so he will have a small one.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My family live a pavlova - we actually bought a nice one last year which was a ring with pistachios and red berries and a bit of gold glitter - might copy it and make it this year. We’ve also had cupcakes - decorated for Christmas and can be different favours
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

We have an apple and cherry crumble with creamy custard, if we can fit it in - lol otherwise we will have it for tea!
Old 16 Nov 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Homemade Pavlova with fruit shaped as a Christmas tree or a Mickey head. No one likes Christmas Pud but I've put 6 Waitrose mince pies that were price reduced in the freezer as well.

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We always have a few but usually a pavlova, some kind of gateaux and I’m hoping for a Christmas Colin the caterpillar !
There are 11 of us usually so these do get eaten .
If it’s just us then probably Colin .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
balel
Excited about Disney

I’m going to make a chocolate meringue gateaux and malt extract and malteser mousses. I thought I might try a variation of Peter’s Christmas ice cream cake off GBBO too.
balel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I do homemade trifle, hot chocolate fudge cake with baileys cream and plain cream . Also brandy baskets with ice cream garnished with fresh fruit like raspberries and a chocolate wafer and so easy with no skill involved . It’s been very popular these last few years as it’s light after a big lunch .. Christmas pud we might have that Boxing Day as only 2 of us like it so might have it after a turkey or gammon and stuffing crusty home baked rolls ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Our local hotel are selling desserts, in fact they’re selling the whole Xmas dinner, you can collect on Xmas Eve, so we’re going to get one of their cheesecakes and some sausage rolls and mince pies, hopefully we’ll also be helping out a local business that’s been hit by the pandemic x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List