Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thank you so much for updating us.
As much as the lack of progress will be frustrating , you do appear generally to be at relative ease overall which is great .
Obviously the situation can be much much better and we all want the very best for our children , but you don’t appear as consumed and overwhelmed by it all as on some other posts
Good luck for you both going forward
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for the update, the claiming for PIP is daunting, it all seems so cut and dried with only that criteria, no wonder so many slip through the net, and its a stress thst uou as a family could do without, i wish you all the best with tribunal, we have one for DD looming, as i said i wanted to attend its being done by phone.

Wishing you all the best going forward.
Old 14 Jun 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Consistent
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thank you so much for updating us.
As much as the lack of progress will be frustrating , you do appear generally to be at relative ease overall which is great .
Obviously the situation can be much much better and we all want the very best for our children , but you don’t appear as consumed and overwhelmed by it all as on some other posts
Good luck for you both going forward
Thank you everyone so much.

Hi buryboy, hope you and your family are doing well right now.
It’s nice that you notice that I’m not as overwhelmed or consumed as I was, that’s true , I don’t know if that’s down to therapy for me, the medication for me or educating myself about my son and his illness (probably a bit of all three and more)

Time is a great healer too.
Only last night (he’s not in a great mood just now)
He accused me of putting something “unclean” in his food, because of the way he felt afterwards.
I’ve had to realise that’s how he expresses how he feels, it’s a bit sink or swim as before when he expressed accusations like this, it was excruciating for me to hear.
Now I bat it off, not alwys though depends if I feel strong that day.
He is so mixed up, he asked me if his grandad was his dad .
It’s stuff like that I feel discomfort at, but I take take deep breaths and make my own conclusions to why he says that. Maybe is because he doesn’t know who he is anymore and he’s trying to make sense?

One thing is Consistent in all of this he still says he wants his soul back.
That’s not meds making him feel that , he has said this from day 1 way before dr , mental health insolvent and hospitalisation .

Hubby does so well but he retaliates with words when my son blames him and has a rant at him.
I understand and hubby has a right to feel this but I feel it doesn’t help and it’s quite venomous between the two of them.

Thanks take care .
Consistent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Hi,

I think about you often and I was just wondering how you and your family are?
It’s an awful time for many just now and hope you are all coping ok!
xx
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Hoping things are going OK. X
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes I think of you too hope all is ok x
Old 17 Nov 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Consistent
Trying for More Ears

Aww thank you both , that’s really kind to think of us.
My son is doing well really he is more stable and more of himself .
The persecutory feelings have diminished massively, I think the combination of time , live and support and the med combo has been the best for him.

He has been discharged from the mental health team for a few weeks now and the psychiatrist etc.
He will be managed by our GP from now on , it will be difficult though when a review comes up as it’s the GP he wants nothing to do with so I’m thinking that will be a hurdle when it comes up.

He is more content overall too, he doesn’t go out much but will occasionally walk with me or hubby with the dog etc.
He saw me cleaning the bathroom yesterday and said thanks mum for keeping a nice house and that he was lucky to live in a nice comfortable home.
He has a lot of humility ans that’s the part of my son we see has come back.
I also think he has learned to manage a lot of his thoughts on his own. I see he writes them down at times and writes solutions to them.

Hubby and I (son won’t take any part in it)
Are part of a group of people who have been involved in EIP (early intervention in pyschosis.
It’s a group locally where a family worker , CPN’s psychologist etc plus family members like us who have gone through this.
There are people who have just started their journey with EIP, people who are in the middle of it and is who are finished with the service.
We had a zoom meeting last week and a couple of people who are new to this listened in The feedback was that it gave them hope and it was comforting to know there are others out there.

At times still when I think sad thoughts and feel a bit low , I think back to when he was ill and the other times he wasn’t living here and it helps me feel closer to him and appreciate what also he has gone /going through .
Like when I think of what he may have had by now and what he would have experienced etc .
I feel sad thinking he has no fiends , partner , no job etc but I’m able to then out that aside and live in the moment and know he has a decent life and is loved by his family so much.

Seems I’ve gone on a bit lol.
Thanks everyone x
Consistent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

What a lovely positive update ..
I’m so pleased things are moving in the right direction ..
Take care of yourself xx
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So lovely to read your update, you are all doing so well x

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreamer
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Dreamer's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
So very happy to hear this Consistent. You have been all been through such a journey and I'm so glad things are going in a much better direction. Wishing you all peace and stability.
Disney Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List