Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Phishing attack - Fake DPD email

I know there's been a few threads re dodgy emails, but I've just had one supposedly from DPD.

As per the fake TV licence emails it calls me by my email address, rather than my name.

I've reported it to the NCSC.

Be vigilant folks.
Old 29 Nov 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I’ve had this too saying that they’d attempted to deliver a parcel but no - one was in and now I had to pay for delivery - I’ve been working at home for months !
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

On another forum site that I am on, a woman had an email from o2 telling her that her bill hadn’t been paid and that she would need to follow the link to update them. She did click on the link and she went to a site she thought was o2’s, she then added all of her bank details and it was only after that that it dawned on her it could be a scam. She then got a phone call from the scammers telling her they would come to her address and kill her if she didn’t give them more money. She ended up ringing the police, very scary.

I always remember too, I used to work for company many years ago and trying to get us on the phone could be tough as we were often busy. Quite a few customers ended up being scammed because they googled our number, the search brought up a number that seemed legit and the customers would ring it. The person at the end of the phone would be pretend to be us and they’d trick the customer into handing over card details. I actually rang the number at one point and I was quite shocked when the guy at the other end answered it pretending to be us. It just goes to show, you need to be careful where you get the number from too for companies.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

I got one from Royal Mail the other day regarding a large letter from HM Courts and Tribunals that they were unable to deliver, click here to reschedule. As our postie drops all our mail inside the boot room, they’re never unable to deliver anything, and on that day she had delivered our mail a couple of hours earlier then the supposed unsuccessful delivery. It was a realistic looking email though.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
I know there's been a few threads re dodgy emails, but I've just had one supposedly from DPD.

As per the fake TV licence emails it calls me by my email address, rather than my name.

I've reported it to the NCSC.

Be vigilant folks.
I think I'm quite savvy but I had to double check this one as I was expecting a delivery that day. It was the 'pay for second attempt' delivery that threw me. Not the service from DPD at all, not to mention I know that I have a depot in the local authority next to mine rather than London. Checked the company and it was supposed to be FedEx I was receiving from.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

I had the DPD email yesterday and coincidentally there was a delivery van outside our house and then I received the DPD email.. so I phoned DPD as link went straight to google! DPD told me it was a spam email jeez I’ve never fallen for emails like that before but with a van being outside I thought it was genuine 😲
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DH has had two of the DPD ones, we always do a check online and the DPD websites warns about them. Even more scams around than usual at the moment.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

DH had the DPD one the other week. He wasn't expecting anything as far as he knew and we decided it just seemed dodgy.
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

I had the same one yesterday too! Was expecting a delivery(today) but it definitely looked fishy. Again, went straight to google.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

I had the same email and I have a lot of stuff coming but I always check who’s sent the email and right enough it was from some gobbledygook email address although I would of went via the website and not the link but how many people using home delivery this year for the first time would have fallen for it.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List