Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Like others, I totally understand how you’re feeling. You’re going through a bereavement and need to be kind to yourself. You did the kindest thing possible and nothing in the world would have kept your dog around for ever. This was always going to happen at some point and this awful pain is an inevitability of having a dog and just shows how much he was loved. In time, the pain does lessen and doesn’t feel as raw. Take care.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Condolences, he looks like a lovely dog. The fact that our pets have shorter lives than us leads to so much heartbreak but we also have so much joy and love from having them in our family. We lost our lovely cat Johnny in August at only 2 years old and I thought my heart would break. But the love you have for the pet you lost can help you to give another animal a home and that’s what we did.

Look after yourself- it gets better but you can’t fast forward the grieving.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

We had 13 amazing years. He will be very missed and never forgotten.

My heart is breaking
he is so lovely - so sorry for what you are all going through, I dread to think how I will cope when my one has to go. You did do the right and kindest thing and I hope you feel a bit better in time.
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

My heart goes out to you. We had to have one of our retrievers put to sleep this week. He had hip dysplasia but then had a fall into a puddle and was in a lot of pain. The loss is devastating and at times this week the grief has been over-whelming. Stay strong knowing you’ve made the right decision - kindness is the greatest gift we have in these circumstances.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I am really struggling.
I used to love my kitchen and now I don’t even want to go in there.
I’m forgetting he’s not here and thinking he’s outside or something and I look round and his basket is gone. He’s not laid next to the radiator. I don’t hear his loud snores from across the room. Or his legs making that annoying noise because he’s running in his dreams.

I just want him back. I feel so guilty even though I know we had to. I know it’s pure selfish but I wish I’d not done it. I wish I could keep him here so that I didn’t miss him and hurt like I am.

I’ve never lost a dog. I’ve only ever been in a house without him for 3 weeks when we bought our first house.

I feel sick to my stomach and trying to keep it together for the kids
I could have written this myself. The guilt and the 'What ifs' flooded though my head. Toby passed 5 years ago, he was an amazing handsome Black Labrador. Even though I now have a gorgeous 6 month old Chocolate Labrador at my feet, i can't stop comparing him to Toby. Its the nature of grief. You will have those moments of opening the back door, moving out of the way, ready for your dog to run past you. Then you will have the sad moments. But, The good memories will outshine the low times. He's not gone. He has left a huge paw print on your heart that will be there forever. Allow yourself time to grieve. He's not 'Just a Dog' he was your mate, your pal, your rock. And your childrens too. Please talk to your children too - I didn't and regret that now.

Please accept {hugs}
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

It will get better and you will look back and be thankful you were able to perform that final act of love. You will always have that little bit of heartache even as the years pass, but remember the love and happiness he brought you all.
I was no good for about three months after we had to have our little guy put to sleep, and I know I probably could have put it off maybe a couple of days, but I am grateful to myself that I was able to do it for him, and stayed with him til the end. So hard, but I’m glad I was able to do it for him.

I’m sure looking back you will feel the same. Sending you love at this hard time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

You’ve done the one last kindest act you could have done for him. It’s heartbreaking. I never felt pain like it when we had to do the same for one of our cats. It literally broke me. But...time is a healer. It really is. You will smile at the funny and happy memories one day. It won’t always feel like this. ♥️
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

I’m so so sorry for your loss. I know just how how you are feeling. He looks like he was an amazing dog. We still cannot walk by black lab without thinking of our own gorgeous boy. They are just part of the family. I hope you are managing a little better after the initial shock of loosing him x
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List