Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 31 Mar 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
avis with british airways

hi, we are looking at booking a fly drive with BA but have never done it before so unsure if we will have enough insurance cover for the car included with the booking and if a debit card will be ok as we dont have a credit card, thanks

susie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t answer about the debit card but the car hire will have the insurance cover you need
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Doonhamer08
Excited about Disney

Doonhamer08's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I want to book ba Avis car hire through executive club with Avios. Have been holding off cos I’m lacking confidence in the insurance cover and charges that go along with it. I do not want to pay ANYTHING extra once I get there. We were involved in an accident several years ago (our fault) that resulted in the car being written off, but we paid no charges at all, just strolled in and were given a replacement car (which felt really bizarre). It makes me want to be super sure we’re fully covered, and trying to compare the Avis/ba insurance with what we usually get is difficult, the abbreviations aren’t the same for some things. Need to do it, am just twitchy, have read too many threads...
Doonhamer08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

We did a BA flydrive last year and no hidden costs-only extra we paid was the option to bring back empty. Saw loads of threads on here reassuring that Avis through BA has all the insurance cover you will need
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
We did a BA flydrive last year and no hidden costs-only extra we paid was the option to bring back empty. Saw loads of threads on here reassuring that Avis through BA has all the insurance cover you will need
Thats brilliant thank you

susie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, has all insurance you need... did BA fly drive last year, booked car hire with them again this year.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
So just the debit card and not credit card problem now lol

Old 31 Mar 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

With BA EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE YOU PAY , THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO PAY, SO IGNORE ANY UPSELLING YOU MAY GET FROM THR AVIS REPS, TOAVOID IT ALL TOGETHER JOIN AVIS PREFERRED AND YOU CAN SKIP THE COUNTER AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE GARAGE, YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO GO TO THE SMALL KIOSK AND SHOW YOUR LICENCE AND CREIDIT CARD ( I also give the. My preferred card) they will print of a slip , ensure there is a zero balance, we also always pay for a tank of fuel so there’s no need to return it full. Once you get 5o your car check it over do any damage, I photograph any pictures , hop in the car then show my licence at the gate and off I go . It’s very easy.
I think it needs to be a credit card to hire, but to get a definitive answer give Avis a call

Edited at 08:33 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by susie View Post
So just the debit card and not credit card problem now lol
As long at displays a visa or MasterCard logo then you are good to go.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
With BA EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE YOU PAY , THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO PAY, SO IGNORE ANY UPSELLING YOU MAY GET FROM THR AVIS REPS, TOAVOID IT ALL TOGETHER JOIN AVIS PREFERRED AND YOU CAN SKIP THE COUNTER AND GO STRAIGHT TO THE GARAGE, YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO GO TO THE SMALL KIOSK AND SHOW YOUR LICENCE AND CREIDIT CARD ( I also give the. My preferred card) they will print of a slip , ensure there is a zero balance, we also always pay for a tank of fuel so there’s no need to return it full. Once you get 5o your car check it over do any damage, I photograph any pictures , hop in the car then show my licence at the gate and off I go . It’s very easy.
I think it needs to be a credit card to hire, but to get a definitive answer give Avis a call
All good info above, but there’s no real need to photograph any damage as you have full insurance coverage anyhow, and there is no excess charges in Florida.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List