Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Feb 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Snow White dinner disappointing

I was really excited to see the menu for the new Snow White dinner at Artist Point. We went a few days ago with our girls who are almost 2 and 4. Our youngest has food allergies and gad no issues in any other Disney restaurant.

I should have realised, but infants don’t eat free unlike every other character meal. Presumably you can pay the $35 or whatever but we just used a kids credit on her and our older daughter shared everyone’s food.

Service was really slow. I suspect a lot of this is hangover from being a 2 credit restaurant where people are in less of a rush to finish. It really didn’t suit our small children though. Our reservation was for 7:20 and we were driving out if the resort at 9:55. Our server seemed to ignore me asking for drinks twice which was infuriating.

Dessert took ages after our server told us it would be out “very soon”. He came back and asked if the little one could have soya lecithin, then a plate came out for her with candy floss ln it. We were very confused (candy floss doesn’t contain soya lecithin) and even the guy bringing it out thought it looked wrong. Our poor little girl was in floods of tears when she realised that we had desserts and she didn’t. The server then came back and told us very bluntly that the candy floss was correct.
I was and still am fuming. Every other restaurant was able to give her something, even if it was just some Enjoy Life cookies. I would have asked to skip dessert altogether if I had known that she wouldn’t get anything.

The kids were too tired to complain when we left so I’m going to email Disney about the allergy experience. I wouldn’t recommend this for small children or allergies as it is.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

hope you tipped accordingly, sounds terrible.
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

Your infant should still have eaten free
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Your infant should still have eaten free
We were told that she could eat from our plates for free. Every other character meal we’ve done offers a full meal for an under 3 with no additional charge.
Old 1 Feb 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I think she should of also got a meal for free, our daughter did last year at everywhere we ate including character meals. I would make a point of this in your email.
Sorry it was disappointing.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Sounds really disappointing- although I always thought kids ate free from your plates rather than having their own meal. Still that doesn’t take away from poor service.
Old 1 Feb 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I know when I went under 3's ate from your plate for free or if it was a buffet they got to have their own. This isn't a buffet so I can see why she wasn't able to have her own without paying. I think most other character meals are buffets apart from just a couple I can recall. It is a real shame about dessert as I'm sure if she is anything like my kids it's the part of the meal they can't wait to eat.
Old 1 Feb 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. How disappointing. Not an issue, pop to the front desk of your Resort and speak to the Manager and get the whole meal comped or refunded onto the DDP.
Never ever acceptable to disappoint a child even more so in Disney

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. How disappointing. Not an issue, pop to the front desk of your Resort and speak to the Manager and get the whole meal comped or refunded onto the DDP.
Never ever acceptable to disappoint a child even more so in Disney
I wanted to get my complaint in writing because I want them to do something about it rather than just refund me. We’re home now and my husband spoke to the front desk on our last day. They offered to refund the credits but by that time it was too late to use them anyway.

Regarding the infant eating for free - every other character meal we’ve done (including Akershus and Garden Grill) offers a free full child’s meal for an infant in the same way as a buffet. She could have eaten from one of our plates, but we prefer to share with the child who doesn’t have allergies. Fair enough if it’s different, but I can’t think of any other meal on site with an inflated kids meal price which charges for infants. Fair enough if this was different, but they were also really awkward about giving our child’s credit meal to our infant.

Normal table service restaurants have no issue with the little one having a child’s meal and the older one sharing. They all offered an appropriate allergy menu.
Artist Point told us that we didn’t need an allergy menu because it was an infant with the allergies .
Old 2 Feb 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
I wanted to get my complaint in writing because I want them to do something about it rather than just refund me. We’re home now and my husband spoke to the front desk on our last day. They offered to refund the credits but by that time it was too late to use them anyway.

Regarding the infant eating for free - every other character meal we’ve done (including Akershus and Garden Grill) offers a free full child’s meal for an infant in the same way as a buffet. She could have eaten from one of our plates, but we prefer to share with the child who doesn’t have allergies. Fair enough if it’s different, but I can’t think of any other meal on site with an inflated kids meal price which charges for infants. Fair enough if this was different, but they were also really awkward about giving our child’s credit meal to our infant.

Normal table service restaurants have no issue with the little one having a child’s meal and the older one sharing. They all offered an appropriate allergy menu.
Artist Point told us that we didn’t need an allergy menu because it was an infant with the allergies .
It’s really worrying they think the last sentence was ok. My cousins little one has a severe nut allergy and was very close to her throat closing up completely and she’s 2 . I hope they acknowledge your complaint x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List