dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Day 2

Friday 18th October

Breakfast

Garden Grill, Epcot

This is 1 TS a person and served family style.

We had an 8.15 am adr for Garden Grill. Park opened at 9am. There was a special entrance for breakfast reservations. We were there just before 8am and let in straight away. We walked across to the Land Pavillion and checked in at Garden Grill. I knew we would get a table not a booth as a party of 2 and we did.

It isn't as good sitting at a table on the top tier, I do prefer a booth on the lower tier to get the rotating effect fully and the view of the land.

The character interaction was great here we saw some twice and they were very playful. Server was good and friendly. Fast service but not rushed.

I had coffee and DD water.

As I was on DDP I also got a cocktail. I chose the POG juice mimosa $12 (passion orange guava juice)

We started with fresh fruit and cinnamon bun. Both lovely, tried not to eat too much cinnamon bun.

Then a platter with scrambled eggs, tator tots, bacon, sausages and mickey waffles. The salsa is from vegetables grown in the land. Plus syrup and chocolate hazelnut sauce. They offered us more food but we were full with one platter.

Cost per person $41 plus tax

Total for us was $100.11 plus tip or 2 TS credits and tip

We were finished and down at Soarin at 8.56 am. We were first on Soarin and got offered the first row. This was perfect timing. Overall we enjoyed the food, character interaction and the benefit of getting on Soarin with no wait (I'd booked our tier 1 FP for frozen later in the day)

Snacks

Again not hungry due to TS breakfast so we looked but didn't eat. We also got some free iced water as we went around.

Refreshment port

France, Icecream

France Bakery

Joffreys

DD was unimpressed Starbucks was closed. She tried an iced mocha latte coffee but it was awful, we both hated this and it got thrown away. 1 snack credit. $5.69 plus tax

$6.06

The donuts looked good.

Lunch (DD)

Pizza window Italy

DD wasn't feeling great. She got some pizza and a diet coke from the window next to Via Napoli. I paid cash for this as it wasnt worth using a credit as only $6.75 for the pizza slice and $4.25 for the drink. I did try and ask if I could use a snack for the drink but his English wasn't great and I could see it going wrong and him charging us a QS. I also got a free cup of water.

DD really enjoyed this (went back later in the holiday) and we sat at a table and chairs nearby which was nice. After a rest she did feel better so we carried on around world showcase.Total $11.72 inc tax (cash)

dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Snack

Karamell Kuche GermanyDd had a chocolate caramel strawberry and really enjoyed this1 snack $4.49 plus tax $4.78

This candy floss was amazing in China

Looked but sadly never made it back to Norway. The chocolate and almond kringla looked lovely.

Lunch (me)

La Cantina De San Angel, Mexico

Used 1 QS

I had the fish tacos $13.75 and a classica margarita $14.25. I'd asked for the blood orange but they said only the classica was included on QS.

Food was very nice. 3 tacos and rice and beans. It was very busy but managed to get a table. They have green and red salsa to add.

Margarita was strong.

Cost 1 QS $29.82

Food and Wine

You'll have noticed we didn't eat at food and wine. We have done it before and I'd sampled most of the dishes I fancied before. DD is fussy and hates certain smells and doesn't even like being near food she hates. It was very busy and she wasn't feeling great. So I didn't want to queue at any stalls with her in tow. Plus I wasn't particularly hungry after a big breakfast.

Dinner

All Star Music Intermission Foodcourt

1 QS

I wasn't massively hungry after a late lunch in Mexico. We shared 1 QS. DD chose the chicken tenders and fries. I had another jam session alcoholic milkshake.

We were treated to cm Lawrence training a cm how to make a jam session so this was the most spot on one I had. DD thought this was hilarious. Not ID'd tonight.

Milkshake is $15 plus tax and chicken tenders and fries $10.49 plus tax

Cost 1 QS or $27.27

Some food court pics

In bed we had the Goofys treats from yesterday. DD had all hers and I had half of mine.

Total Day 2

Breakfast 2 TS $100.11 plus tip

Lunch DD $11.72 (cash)

Lunch me 1 QS $29.82

Dinner 1 QS $27.27

Snacks 2 $4.78 and $6.06 total $10.84

Total $168.04 plus $11.72 (cash)
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Hi Stephanie, I have followed your food reports for a few years now. Just joined the Dibb though.
Firstly, congratulations on such a wonderful weight loss. You look fantastic and 10 years younger! I, too am back at slimming world after a third baby and hope to be back at target by our holiday in May.
Anna looks more beautiful with every report. So grown up now and lovely that you can enjoy a mum and daughter holiday in a wonderful place.
Thanks for the detailed report. I read your report while you were actually on holiday. This detailed one is the one I will use to convince the DH about my choices for our first DDP on-site holiday. So, thanks!
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a great first day in MK, with the breakfast at chef Mickey first and then the parade package at Tony's. Lots of fab photos for us all to drool over!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Congrats on your weight loss, great start to trip. Love reading your reports, you always have such great detail. Will be taking lots of notes for ADR day next month
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Hi Stephanie, I have followed your food reports for a few years now. Just joined the Dibb though.
Firstly, congratulations on such a wonderful weight loss. You look fantastic and 10 years younger! I, too am back at slimming world after a third baby and hope to be back at target by our holiday in May.
Anna looks more beautiful with every report. So grown up now and lovely that you can enjoy a mum and daughter holiday in a wonderful place.
Thanks for the detailed report. I read your report while you were actually on holiday. This detailed one is the one I will use to convince the DH about my choices for our first DDP on-site holiday. So, thanks!
Thank you. Good luck with getting to target. I di post a few updates on holiday but this is the detailed report.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a great first day in MK, with the breakfast at chef Mickey first and then the parade package at Tony's. Lots of fab photos for us all to drool over!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Congrats on your weight loss, great start to trip. Love reading your reports, you always have such great detail. Will be taking lots of notes for ADR day next month
Thank you
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks amazing so far.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 3 Part 1

Saturday 19th October

Breakfast

Intermission Food Court All Star Movies Resort

I'd promised DD a lie in after 3 days of very early starts. I woke up and it was raining heavily. DD was sleeping. I went on my phone but started to get hungry. It was raining so hard. For the first time I was regretting being in motel style accomodation meaning I had to brave the weather to go the foodcourt.

I remembered my half a Goofys treat in the fridge and ate that. Still hungry so I put my hoodie on and headed out.

Oh my goodness it was raining. It apparently was Tropical Storm Nestor but I didn't realise at the time.

I got to the foodcourt and they were handing towels out as you came in. First stop was the shop to get 2 ponchos. $24 dollars spent.

The rain had taken me by suprise it's usually dry in October.

I got a pain au chocolate for DD and some overnight oats with blueberries and walnuts from the fridge for me. A snack credit each. I also got some coffee in my mug and diet coke for DD in her mug.

Ate back in the room. Really enjoyed the oats, they were vegan friendly. I eat a lot of overnight oats on Slimmingworld so it was nice to have something like that.

Pain au chocolat $3.99 plus tax $4.27

Oats $5.29 plus tax $5.66

Total $9.93 or 2 snacks

Lunch

Flame Tree BBQ AK

We made it to AK. The weather thankfully did improve.

Spent 1 QS and a snack credit

Shared a ribs chicken and pulled pork sampler platter $18.99. This came with coleslaw and beans plus cornbread. This was a lot of food, the ribs are under the chicken in the photo. I got DD some fries for a snack credit $4.49 plus a manadrin vodka lemonade $11 for me. Plus a cup of water for DD.

I asked for an extra plate and DD had the chicken and fries.

The outdoor seating area was wet, we ended up sitting on our ponchos.

Enjoyed the food, there was lots of it. Least favourite was the colesalw it was quite mustardy.

The fries with pulled pork and cheese seemed popular and looked great for a snack credit.

$34.48 plus tax $36.72 or 1 QS and 1 snack

Snack

Creature Comforts Starbucks

DD's first Starbucks this holiday. Used a snack credit on a venti strawberry acai refresher.

$4.99 plus tax $5.31 or 1 snack

Few

Zuris sweets.

Never been in here before.

DD used a snack on a chocolate strawberry

$3.99 plus tax $4.25 or 1 snack

Mr Kamal's

DD loved the seasoned fries here, they are a snack credit. Very similar to Nandos peri peri salted chips. They also did different sauces you helped yourself to which I tried. Plus some free cups of water.

There was a nice seating area to the side next to the water overlooking the trea of life. We enjoyed it here and came again later in the holiday.

Free cup of water

$5.99 plus tax $6.38 or 1 snack

Tamu Tamu

DD had the simba icecream cookie 1 snack $6.99 plus tax. She really enjoyed the cookie part. It was too big for 1 person and she ate 1 cookie I think.

I had the simba sunset dole whip with watermelon, strawberry and coconut. Really enjoyed this. $ 5.49 plus tax

2 snacks or $13.29

Day 3 continued below

Edited at 12:10 AM.
Old 20 Nov 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oo loving it . I love chef mickeys and we loved Tony’s . We booked it due to your last report with it in. The mozerella was lovely and the parade viewing fabulous.
Your food court looks amazing , ours was poor to say the least .

Mr kamals 😍😍😍😍😍😍enough said
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 12:06 AM.
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 3 continued

Dinner

Restaurantosaurus AK

I'd made an adr for the burgers and sundae's

It's a normal QS restaurant but they also offer a burgers and sundaes adr in the evenings. It was in a separate room. You checked in for your adr and were given a menu. Ordered at till then were seated. They also explained how it worked, where to get drinks etc.

It wasn't busy. There were a lot of staff so service was fast and attentive.

The food was brought to you. It had real cutlery and food was on a wooden tray not paper plates. You got your own sauce and drinks and drink refills. They gave you a ticket for icecream and you went up when ready. Then added your own toppings at the toppings bar.

Room was nice and service good. It definitely felt more like table service. There was a paper table cloth and stencils and crayons to draw.

Cost was $22.99 for adults or 1 QS and included a burger, side and sundae plus a soft drink. As I was on dining plan I could also pick an alcoholic drink and had a margarita $13

I had the mushroom swiss burger with a side salad.

DD had a plain chicken burger and they offered the option of half fries, half onion rings so she had that. Plus diet coke.

Enjoyed my burger, preferred it to Deluxe burger. The salad was good and the dressing was served on the side and seemed homemade.

DD enjoyed her chicken, this was a massive piece of chicken breast breaded. The chips were thick chips not fries. I ate her onion rings (they were real onion not the mushy processed sort she eats) and they were good.

They cleared our empty plates and we went up to the icecream. You could have 2 scoops. DD had mint and oreo. I had strawberry and chocolate. Then we added lots of toppings.

Honestly couldn't fault this and will defintely do again if it is still offered. Burger was much better than usual QS burger.

Total $58.98 plus tax $62.81

Didn't eat here but Tril o bites menu looked good

The plan had been to go to MK for happily ever after fireworks as they were only on today and Wednesday due to MNSSHP. But we were tired despite lie in and it was raining hard again. So we watched Strictly Come Dancing in bed and had an early night.

Made a decent dent in snack credits today as we had no TS meals

Day 3

Breakfast 2 snacks $9.93

Lunch 1 QS and 1 snack $36.72

Dinner 2 QS $62.81

5 snacks $29.23

Total $138.69