Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Dec 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7 Days - Live - Day 3

Docking bay 7

Today we moved over to Disney for the night with the sole intention of visiting Galaxy’s edge. We decided that we would try to go on ride of the resistance but if it wasn’t possible to just enjoy Galaxy’s edge and go on smugglers run. Despite our best attempts the boarding groups for rise of the resistance had been allocated by 6:30am that morning so we didn’t have a chance. With that said we were in the park before 7am and got to experience smugglers run with a very short wait time.

After smugglers run we went to Docking bay 7 for breakfast. This place is themed fantastically and the food certainly looks like it’s from another planet.

We both ordered the bright suns breakfast which was purple potato hash, a cheesy egg disc, sausage and a cinnamon roll.

The sausages were nice with a slight spicy hint, the egg a little gelatinous and strange but very cheesy, the purple hash was mainly breakfast potatoes with onions but purple and the cinnamon roll tasty and looked like it would taste different so played on the senses, we ordered this with a a Diet Coke (seems you can get Diet Coke even on other planets)

Was a nice breakfast, not amazing but nice and didn’t blow the bank either at $27.66

Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Ahhh a star wars themed breakfast! Of course we had to indulge. The dark side prevailed.

It is a weird looking breakfast on first impression. A sort of bowl with stuff in it. Perhaps the theme is missed on me but I have no idea what it is supposed to represent.

Sausages: nice but not enough of them.
Cheese egg thing: absolutely tasteless
Potatoes: ok but far too much onion (or whatever it was)
Cinnamon thing: actually quite nice

A 6/10 for me. Not massively expensive but more form over function.

I found its lack of flavour disturbing.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Blue milk - Galaxy’s edge

We had to try the blue milk but at $8 a glass we decided to share a glass of blue milk.

The theming throughout the whole land is incredible and the attention to detail stunning.

The blue milk is a strange concoction, it’s also plant based and I cannot place what they make it from. It’s very cold and has a thick texture but feels more like a thick blended frozen milk, the taste is a little fruity like blueberry but very faint. We didn’t dislike this drink it was just a bit strange and at $8 worth doing as a one time thing.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Do the blue milk thing once as a Star Wars fan should. Never have it again. It is basically just part frozen gum (gelato?) with blue food colouring. Cold. Really cool.

As a fan, glad I did, as a paying consumer... I had a bad feeling about this.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Star Wars Coca Cola

Another fad we had to get (for the bottles alone) was the Star Wars Coke bottles, at $6 we got one diet and one normal coke, not much to say about these two really, they’re just coke in a cool bottle. We are happy with the bottles though and will make a nice keepsake

Old 14 Dec 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

$3 for a coke, $6 for same coke in fancy (plastic) bottle. Disney never misses a trick. So of course we bought 2 of them.

Be aware they are very cool, but very soft plastic. That's no moon.
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Oga’s Cantina

I was so pleased to score a reservation here at Oga’s cantina.

We arrived at 12;55pm for our 1pm reservation and joined the long queue at the door. Within 30 seconds my name was called and we were led inside. We were told we could sit in a booth today with another family which I was over the moon about as I expected to be stood for the whole experience.

This place is amazing and again the theming is on point, there is a droid DJ called DJ Rex and the music is themed and interactive where the CMs join in and start singing at points throughout.

We had a server who brought us our drinks too.

We decided to get two novelty cups - the cliff dweller which is the porg mug and the Endor mug with the corresponding drink.

The drinks were pretty mild on alcohol but we weren’t disappointed the cups are a fantastic quality and the experience was fab.

We also got an Olga’s obsession which is jelly, boba balls, cotton candy, popping candy and dried fruits in a kind of Petri dish, this was surprisingly really tasty.

This was an expensive bar and bill came to $93 before tip, our server brought us our boxed drink cups before we left and despite the cost it was something I would do again
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

oh oh oh oh be still my beating heart! As an almost life long fan, it was AMAZING to spend 45 minutes in the cantina (they even played the song from the original cantina while we were there).

We had to get the signature (take home) ceramic mugs because they are very nice quality.

The drinks were great if a little light on the more alcoholic content (they scrimp on the rum for sure). It is difficult to be figurative as we paid mega bucks for the mugs.

10/10 for experience.

7/10 for drinks.
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

We really liked Docking Bay 7 when we went and would definitely like to give it another go. We also shared a blue milk, I would have liked to have got one blue and one green but the price is a bit silly. I have had a few Oga’s Cantina bookings but always cancel them, yours is the first positive review I have seen!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Woody’s Lunchbox

For lunch we headed to woody’s lunchbox in Tory story land.

I wasn’t that hungry but Dan was hankering for a grilled cheese sandwich so we got one to share, with some tater tots, I also got a hazelnut bacon pastry and a bottle of water. We ordered these via mobile ordering which helped us skip a long queue and was very convenient.

The grilled cheese was really nice, had a great cheese pull and was bursting with gooey hot cheese. The tater tots were warm and crunchy and had a good flavour and was a nice change from fries.

The pastry was ok but really dry, the filling didn’t really come through and the main taste was the icing on the top of it, no bacon flavour came through at all, I thought this would be similar to a pop tart but the pastry is similar to the case of a mince pie with sweet shortcrust. I wouldn’t buy this again.

Total was $21.16 I would come back for the savoury items here but not the sweet.