Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Apr 20, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile Paying off mortgage early?

Hi , has anyone paid off their mortgage early ? We have just received our annual statement and would like to pay the balance off , it has a balance and a charge for settlement, do I just send them this or do I have to go to a solicitor? Can I just pay through online banking? Sorry, I know I sound a bit thick but we haven’t dealt with a solicitor in about 16 years so I have no idea what we are supposed to do and looking on the mortgage companies site doesn’t give any info on early settlement, thank you for any advice xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Advised mortgage company our intention to redeem, final figure paid via online banking, no solicitor involved.
Old 26 Apr 20, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
No need to involve solicitors and incur a fee, we just popped into the bank without an appointment and were taken into a separate little room to discuss options ie did we want to invest the monthly amount into something else and it was done.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Well done- Best thing we ever did, had it paid off at 41 after saving like mad for 15 years in an offset account.
At one time I was considering moving to a much bigger property, but my house is an adequate size and this Coronavirus matter has put me off taking on another mortgage for good.
No you shouldn’t need a solicitor you just pay it off and they remove the charge.
Old 26 Apr 20, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Toolman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just contact your provider for a final settlement fee and then pay it off. It's a lovely feeling knowing the house is completely yours 😁
Mrs Toolman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We paid ours off early, it was useful when helping three children through uni and then it went in to long term savings. DH is now fully retired (57) and I should have retired at the end of March (55) but was asked to stay on due to current circumstances but I will be retiring as soon as possible.
Old 26 Apr 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We paid ours off early and just called in to the building society told them why we were there and it was all sorted in a few minutes.
No solicitor was needed and it was a lovely feeling knowing it was 100% ours.
Old 26 Apr 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

We paid ours off when I was 43. It wasn’t possible to do it online as my mortgage account was not an online one. But it was all done with one quick phone call.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

We had to make an appointment at the local branch (Nationwide) where they printed off the final statement and we paid it there and then.

Very easy to do and one of the best feelings ever

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List