Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 Jun 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarahemeliarose
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Boggy creek airboat and gatorland

We aren’t doing Disney this time so looking at a few things that we wouldn’t have done before... what’s people’s opinions on this as an extra thing to take the kids to?
Sarahemeliarose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

We have always enjoyed our visits to Gatorland both adults and kids age range 7 to 15 when we took them.

Never done the large Boggy Creek Airboats, hopefully someone else will be along to comment on them soon. But we used to love the smaller self drive airboats at Shingle Creek, but sadly they are no longer there.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lynseymoll
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We love gator land & airboat rides.
Nice to get out & about!
Old 11 Jun 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s a great day out when you can do Boggycreek and Gatorland in the same day. Its a really chilled out day and we never get bored of either locations.
I think you can get a ticket that covers both locations.
The smaller airboats are better in my opinion but are more expensive.
It’s important to book in advance for Boggycreek otherwise you can sometimes have a couple of hours wait or need to take a more expensive trip to avoid the wait.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We enjoy Gatorland, we did the zip wire last year and it was excellent.
Always preferred a smaller airboat like Spirit of the Swamp but in general, airboat trips are amazing.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did Gatorland when we got free tickets. For free, it was ok, but theres no way I would pay full price for it. After a couple of hours we were done.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Boggy Creek is great fun. The roar and pace of their boats are fantastic! Wild Florida is worth a trip too. Airboats and some wildlife action too: wildfloridairboats/

As itz_baseline says, seek out vouchers and 'coupons'

Swim with the Manatees is worth looking at for a memorable day out. That is up on the west coast at Crystal Springs.

Edited at 01:04 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gtown
Proud to wear my Ears

Another recommendation for Spirit of the Swamp air boats. Smaller boats meant there were just us (4) and the pilot, booked for an hour but were out for at least 90 mins.
gtown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
StevenC1872
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
We have always enjoyed our visits to Gatorland both adults and kids age range 7 to 15 when we took them.

Never done the large Boggy Creek Airboats, hopefully someone else will be along to comment on them soon. But we used to love the smaller self drive airboats at Shingle Creek, but sadly they are no longer there.
I went to Orlando in 2003 with my friend and his family and we did the airboats, it was one of my favourite things from the trip.

Now I’m going my with my kids next year, I tried desperately to find them only to find it was no longer there.
StevenC1872 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did boggy creek airboats. We blummin well broke down in the middle of the lake so they sent a replacement boat out. You should have seen us transferring over. You could see the gators popping their heads up thinking they were gonna get a sneaky snack or two. We loved it.