Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 31 Aug 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We use both and alternate between the two but sway towards Gusto, only using HF if we don't like the look of much on Gousto that week or if they send us a code .

Gousto wins for us as there is less waste as everything is measured whereas HF seem to send ingredients in larger packs than you need. The Gousto recipe cards are also easier to follow and have proper measurements on the meaning you can easily recreate the recipe at home whereas HF will say, with some ingredients, for example, 1 pack of dried chilli instead of 5g of dried chilli etc. Gousto customer service is great and I find the app and website easier to navigate. Also with HF about 25% of the recipes on offer seem to carry a surcharge for more premium ingredients (steak etc). Gousto also have these premium recipes but the % of them is much less.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We use gousto. We used to use hellofresh and I would again, but I find the ingredients better and a better variety of recipes with gousto. Better selection for vegetarians too. Hellofresh were really big portions but we still have enough with gousto.we used a code for 50% off our first gousto and 30% off a few other boxes, but for some reason we got 50% off for months. It did stop though and charged us full price, but we were really happy to have them especially for those first few weeks of lockdown.

Edited at 04:24 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
A big thank you to all of you who took the time to reply... but I have another question

If you bought enough (box) meals for 4 days how did you sort your shopping for other meals oj those days and they days you didn't have boxed meals ?

If that makes sense !
We get our box delivered on a Sunday and eat the 4 meals Mon-Thursday. Then on Friday we always have a takeaway so we just need to shop for stuff in for Sat and Sunday night, plus lunches.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've used simply cook a few times ... but ended up with pots I didn't like,alot of theirs was Asian inspired with coconut which I cant eat.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I've used simply cook a few times ... but ended up with pots I didn't like,alot of theirs was Asian inspired with coconut which I cant eat.
I use the simply cook. Love the variety. Plus the fact that it's not food, just spices, flavourings and recipes and you buy your own food means that I tend to be adventurous on my own.timetable.

I just put on my profile that I don't do nuts and it flashes up when something I can't eat is in my box.

Might work with coconut?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
amanda&tommie
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for Gousto found the ingredients much better quality than hello fresh also had many items missing , also found my love of cooking again 😄

2001 coronado springs,2002 & 2004 all star movies
2008,2009,2010,2011,2012.2013.2014,2016,2018 POFQ
2022 Pop Century
2023 Adventura & All Star Sports
amanda&tommie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We use Hello fresh and adore it. We’ve never had a bad meal.
It makes life so much easier as rather than shopping everyday and spending a fortune it all comes to the house ready sorted and the receipes are easy to follow, even the teens can make them.
I can’t imagine going back to ‘normal’ cooking
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

Following this with interest as I recently tried Gousto and was really disappointed! I felt the boxes were packed badly (eg salad packed under tins) and the last box was missing so many ingredients there wasn't one receipe I was able to cook in full without finding/buying replacements. I also didn't think the receipes were as interesting as Hello Fresh (tho we haven't used HF for a while now).

I have a discount code for HF so have signed up for them again so it will be interesting to see how they compare. I've noticed that there are now quite a few receipes on the website that cost extra, which is annoying, plus they charge for delivery which I'm not keen on. I'll probably only use it while we have a discount as the boxes are very expensive without it. They are a nice, hassle free way of preparing meals though.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
Following this with interest as I recently tried Gousto and was really disappointed! I felt the boxes were packed badly (eg salad packed under tins) and the last box was missing so many ingredients there wasn't one receipe I was able to cook in full without finding/buying replacements. I also didn't think the receipes were as interesting as Hello Fresh (tho we haven't used HF for a while now).

I have a discount code for HF so have signed up for them again so it will be interesting to see how they compare. I've noticed that there are now quite a few receipes on the website that cost extra, which is annoying, plus they charge for delivery which I'm not keen on. I'll probably only use it while we have a discount as the boxes are very expensive without it. They are a nice, hassle free way of preparing meals though.

As you can probably guess we've not any yet. Our first gousto box is due Monday so watch this space !
Old 2 Sep 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post

Did you complain to them? If I have any problems at all their customer service is excellent and they always refund, from £2 for a missing spice packet to £15 for things I've been unhappy with. The fact they deal with things so promptly and well makes me stick with them. They also seem to take feedback on board.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List