Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Sad day

Absolutely sad sadsad day today.

September 21 now cancelled as family feel that Covid will not have improved sufficiently for long haul travel. With ticket prices so expensive and so much of the Disney magic we love and expect not happening. Also having to register for park entry per day and perhaps not being able to change it for a different park if the mood takes us. Me, if the US opens up and we are are allowed to travel to the USA I would be off. So now in the unhappy process of cancelling for next year.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Yes, I think it’s starting to dawn on a lot of us that this isn’t going away anytime soon, we’ve got a cruise next September that should have been this august, neither of us are convinced it’s going to happen 😢😢😢
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m hoping to go august next year but I’m holding out longer before deciding. If it’s still not good hopefully we will get to Spain and Disneyland paris.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

We have made the decision not to return now until 2022.
I have a Disney booking that I transferred my deposit over to Aug 21 however will change this to 2022 in April next year with hopefully a DDP
Used my BA voucher to pay a deposit on a week in Gran Canaria for next summer that we can cancel
It’s a real shame but I would rather give it another year
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

I have cancelled a trip in April 20221 and one in May 2021. I would probably hang onto a September booking for a bit longer though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I said to my OH that I think the festivals will all be cancelled again next year. How can they have thousands of people all bundled together in a field.

I think, whether it holidays or other plans, we are all starting to slowly realise that 2021 might not be the return to normality that we all expected. Such a shame

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
I said to my OH that I think the festivals will all be cancelled again next year. How can they have thousands of people all bundled together in a field.

I think, whether it holidays or other plans, we are all starting to slowly realise that 2021 might not be the return to normality that we all expected. Such a shame
We’ve got 3 concerts next year that should’ve been this year, I’m wondering the same as you, how can they happen 😢😢😢
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We will be going next year as long as restrictions are removed, parks are fully open and no masks.

I think it’s 50/50 at the moment for next summer.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Yes, I think it’s starting to dawn on a lot of us that this isn’t going away anytime soon, we’ve got a cruise next September that should have been this august, neither of us are convinced it’s going to happen 😢😢😢
We are the same ,cruise moved to next September by no feeling of certainty we will be able to get to Florida for it, let alone if cruising will happen. Ship and departure point change had resulted in free cabin upgrade and more OBC so we may as well hold on for now.

I have a different cruise booked for May which I will move to 2022 .
We’ve now booked ten nights in Corfu for next June, it’s nice to have a holiday that is likely to actually happen (maybe)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List