Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Nov 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

What sad news- been such an awful year
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

So so sad! Just shows live each day to the full you never know whats round corner.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Very sad news thoughts go to his Family and frends
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Met him a few times and he was really lovely, down to earth and very warm - a true gent. He will be a huge miss I’m sure, certainly to Sunderland 🙁
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
John Hays never waivered from his support of his home city of Sunderland which showed in all aspects of his working life.

Many people remark on the fierce rivalry between NUFC and SAFC but true supporters of both teams recognize loyalty to their home team and respect to the opposition.

As a NUFC supporter of 50+ years I am proud to say I knew a certain supporter/VC of SAFC - you did your club proud.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
SC. I suspect you may be in touch with the family? If so it would be nice to send all our regards to a Family that have delivered so much and particularly in these difficult times .

The Company will never be the same again.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

He will be sadly missed in Sunderland. I met him years ago and what a nice man.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My DH met/sat next to his wife on a train from London to Newcastle a couple of years ago - said she was a really wonderful lady.

They did so much to try to rescue the travel agents- I'm sure he'll be sadly missed.

RIP 💔
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

SC. As a Sunderland supporter of 50+ years I couldn’t agree more about supporting your home team and for that matter your home City and then region. I think John showed us how to do that with good grace - then went one better and spread it to supporting the whole country. Some of the comments I’ve read since he died have been truly wonderful and I’m sure will eventually bring comfort and even more pride to his family
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
SC. I suspect you may be in touch with the family? If so it would be nice to send all our regards to a Family that have delivered so much and particularly in these difficult times .

The Company will never be the same again.
Thank you Mr Morrow - when appropriate of course I will. A glance at social media shows how much John meant to the travel industry.

Yesterday a fantastic photographer and great supporter of SAFC Dean Matthews passed away due to Covid and now their former Vice Chairman John - sad times.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List