Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Have you got your kitchen accessories, kettle etc. What couloir will they be as you don’t want to pick a wall colour and have them clash.
As others have said the deluxe colour app is good.
Possibly pick a rich colour which will make the kitchen stand out. Perhaps a red or green
I'm planning in changing all the kitchen accessories as mine were second hand 8 years ago and really need to be replaced. So I'm starting from a blank slate.
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I personally would go with white or elephants breath (which is a warm grey) but you say your dont like those - they would work tho in that space

Avoid green as its a very cold colour - strangle but elephants breath is a warm colour (according to F&B) and I have it in my bedroom suite and it works incredibly well

You can order online a F&B colour card and it would arrive by next day post (and its free)
Thank you! I guess I'm avoiding instragram grey, if you get what I mean haha. I will order the colour chart. This is completely new territory for me, as I've only rented my current property for 8 years and its completely white. And now I have a 4 bed house to decorate bit overwhelmed!
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
Thank you! I guess I'm avoiding instragram grey, if you get what I mean haha. I will order the colour chart. This is completely new territory for me, as I've only rented my current property for 8 years and its completely white. And now I have a 4 bed house to decorate bit overwhelmed!
It looks like a beautiful house and dont let it overwhelm you - one room at a time, its not a race and enjoy making the house into your home slowly. There will be trial and error along the way as you will need to see how each room looks as the seasons change - strong summer sunlight looks very different to dull winter grey light. It’s exciting and looking forward to your posts along your journey
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I personally would go with white or elephants breath (which is a warm grey) but you say your dont like those - they would work tho in that space

Avoid green as its a very cold colour - strangle but elephants breath is a warm colour (according to F&B) and I have it in my bedroom suite and it works incredibly well

You can order online a F&B colour card and it would arrive by next day post (and its free)
Lie is generally regarded as cold but some greens are definitely not
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

I'm planning in changing all the kitchen accessories as mine were second hand 8 years ago and really need to be replaced. So I'm starting from a blank slate.
That’s good then you can tailor the whole look
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi again if you use a iPad etc and look at colours for example deluxe. When you pick a colour and then click on it they will give you others that tone etc if you wanted to do a feature wall and toning colours. The designer choice is usually interesting, in saying that we just painted daughters room doing this and myself and wife where sceptical but on completion it’s great
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have cashmere Matt kitchen units in an open plan living space and I’ve got Dulux almost oyster on the walls
Our sofa is dark slate leather I’ve touches of red now it’s winter in cushions etc small appliances ie kettle toaster are stainless steel
In the spring I had bright pastel shades lilac lemon blue etc autum it was the rich burnt orange moss green etc
I love grey but know what you mean by instagram grey it’s everywhere
I liked elephants breath but the almost oyster just went better with the units as they have a pinker pallet if you know what I mean
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Aww thats kind of you. Well the kitchen is quite dark, even though its south facing, because of the utility room and garage either side of the double doors. The living is north facing but with a very large window. So can be bright.

Definitely looking to brighten it up, as I think its quite cold. I'm leaning towards blues or greens.

This was around midday.

And the flooring is lime washed oak kardean throughout.
I would tend to avoid blue in a North facing room as it really will make it feel quite cold and harsh. Greens would be good as long as you stay with more earthy greens that have a yellow toned base. If you are looking at F&B then Arsenic, Emerald Green or Breakfast Room Green would be lovely and bright. I would then probably accessories with rust colours and really earthy yellows. Hope this helps
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I would tend to avoid blue in a North facing room as it really will make it feel quite cold and harsh. Greens would be good as long as you stay with more earthy greens that have a yellow toned base. If you are looking at F&B then Arsenic, Emerald Green or Breakfast Room Green would be lovely and bright. I would then probably accessories with rust colours and really earthy yellows. Hope this helps
Thank you! I'm not making any decision for a few months anyway, as my purse is a little empty 🤣. But atleast I have a starting point now.
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I would get some samples order from Lick, they come as peel and stick patches so your not testing out loads of paint sample pots on the walls.

I've just ordered this one for the downstairs loo but would also look good in a kitchen - I do like dark strong colours though.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List