Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 27 Nov 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Appeal - Please send real cards

Every year I appeal to my dibb family to send real Christmas cards and not an email with a picture some call a card because I press the delete button if someone sends me an email they call a card (how can an email be a card).

The joy I get opening a Christmas card the postman drops through the letterbox is just indescribable.

So please send real cards and not silly emails.

Thank you
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Interesting post and sort of fits in with a bit of a dilema I have. Last year was my first Christmas in this street, I hand made lovely cards for all the neighbours and I have bought stuff to make some this year too. However my street has all older residents, 50+ to retired. One neighbour has a immunocompromised son. So as far as I can see all have been following the rules, some going above and beyond.
Do you think they will still be happy with a hand-made Christmas card, bearing in mind it has been well and truely touched?
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My sons primary school have been told that they are not allowed to send any Christmas cards in (or presents) for friends and teachers this year.
Its always been a big thing at the primary school especially for the younger ones. Each class have a special Christmas post box that children post the cards in then they are handed out at the end of the day.
I can understand with the current situation, as mist people lick the envelopes but its still sad 😢
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

It will be fine. People who are isolating or extremely vulnerable will be quarantining their post anyhow. 72 hours on the side...

Just don't lick the envelope to seal... saw MIL do this the other day as she did not think...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I always prefer real cards to emailed one. The only different thing this year will be NOT licking the envelope, I'll use a damp sponge instead for safety. Wrote mine yesterday but need to put a note or letter in now before sealing.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Interesting post and sort of fits in with a bit of a dilema I have. Last year was my first Christmas in this street, I hand made lovely cards for all the neighbours and I have bought stuff to make some this year too. However my street has all older residents, 50+ to retired. One neighbour has a immunocompromised son. So as far as I can see all have been following the rules, some going above and beyond.
Do you think they will still be happy with a hand-made Christmas card, bearing in mind it has been well and truely touched?
Definitely make the cards! Those neighbours this year will really appreciate you thinking about them! As already said, most of them will be quarantining their post anyway. I’m actually planning on sending more cards than usual this year, along with personalised notes in some cases - I think it’s really important that we reach out to each other this year 😍
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Do people still quarantine their post/parcels and shopping? Not critisising just genuinely interested.
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Do people still quarantine their post/parcels and shopping? Not critisising just genuinely interested.
My Mum does and still wipes down all her shopping. I think it depends on your risk factors
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Ive never sent an email card, birthday or Christmas. I always send proper posted cards, everyone loves opening their cards and putting them up. However, I wont lick the envelope and will damp it down instead.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
One of our neighbours doesn't touch their post for 3 days, it gets put on the side - hands washed, then left
Other neighbour has food shopping delivered, driver put it into her open garage, she then takes each item into the adjoining utility room and washes it all down with bleach.
As I said they are very vulnerable, frightened and over cautious here.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List