Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Feb 12, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

We got married at Cypress Grove and had a UK reception for everyone when we got back home. Gave me a chance to wear my dress again!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 12, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

We are not having a UK reception. We are having a few family round to the house one night who cant make it over to nyc
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Although we have only just started planning our DFTW we have decided that as we have quite a big family and lots of friends that can't come out we are having a reception but ours is going to be a bit different. My other half is massively into cricket and as the wedding is mainly for me we are hiring his old cricket club having a huge game of cricket with picnics and then having drinks in the evening. We are planning on having it a couple of days after we get back
Kara is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
Although we have only just started planning our DFTW we have decided that as we have quite a big family and lots of friends that can't come out we are having a reception but ours is going to be a bit different. My other half is massively into cricket and as the wedding is mainly for me we are hiring his old cricket club having a huge game of cricket with picnics and then having drinks in the evening. We are planning on having it a couple of days after we get back
That's a lovely idea!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsPorter2011
Apprentice Imagineer

We got married at Cypress Grove on Friday 2nd December. We arrived back on 13th December so didn't have our UK wedding party until 3rd February as wanted to get Christmas and New Years over with!
We had it at our local football club. We had a buffet, DJ, Photographer, wedding cake, sweet buffet, decorations etc. We kept with the white and purple colour scheme for our decorations and chair cover and sashes. We wanted it to be like any other wedding reception.
I bought a ivory chiffon dress (wedding dress) from EBay to wear. Hubby wore a grey suit.
Trip #8 March 2017

Edited at 10:36 PM.
MrsPorter2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

1.if so what did you/are you going to do? having a meal and disco, just disco or just going to a pub? What do you think is the ettiquette?

We have booked a function suite and are having a buffet and disco but there really are no rules when it comes to this. I really think its what suits

2.Did you wear your wedding dress again?

I certainly plan too! Bridesmaids/ushers and best man wearing their outfits too

3.Did you show your wedding video at the reception?

We have been lucky enough to have been given a wedding ceremony room as part of our hire conditions. The room has a projector set up so we will be showing photos and videos throughout the evening. Also provides a quiet area for those who might need it!

4.Also how long after your wedding was your UK reception?

One week

5.how long does it take to get your CD of photos? im plannning on using Disney (for the DP and Park photos) and Randy Chapman (for everything else). I think it would be great to have all the photos for the reception.

We will be getting all of our photos from Randy before we leave. My friend (who is amazing with slideshows etc) has kindly offered to produce a video/slideshow for us as our actual video from STVS won't be ready in time

Hope this helps
Old 18 Feb 12, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys for all your info - I have been panicing like crazy because everything we have seen venue wise is very expensive. But I think I will go with a community centre or sports club venue - I think the cricket ground here has rooms available for hire!
I love the fish and chips idea thats a really good idea.
I love photobooths too but think that idea will have to go - cant really aford the £600 for it
Old 18 Feb 12, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HoneyB
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish View Post
We got married at Cypress Grove and had a UK reception for everyone when we got back home. Gave me a chance to wear my dress again!
Snap!

Had a reception about 10 days after we returned from Florida at a local hotel. Had a finger buffet, disco, cut our wedding cake and had our photos blown up to A4 size and displayed around the room. Wore my dress to start with then changed to show off my Florida tan!

Some lovely plans on this thread though, loving the chippy catering and the cricket/picnic ideas
Old 18 Feb 12, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by me love stitch View Post
If you have had or are planning a UK reception after a Florida wedding?
  1. if so what did you/are you going to do? having a meal and disco, just disco or just going to a pub? What do you think is the ettiquette?
  2. Did you wear your wedding dress again?
  3. Did you show your wedding video at the reception?
  4. Also how long after your wedding was your UK reception?
  5. how long does it take to get your CD of photos? im plannning on using Disney (for the DP and Park photos) and Randy Chapman (for everything else). I think it would be great to have all the photos for the reception.

trying to plan but WOW I have so many questions!
thanks for your help
I don't think there is any particular etiquette, just do what you want and what feels right for you..

We get married at cypress grove on the 18th October, arrive back in the uk on the 31st and are having our reception on the 3rd November.

We have hired the local football club and will be having a buffet, a dj, a singer (one of my friends), a cupcake tower and sweetie Buffett. There are a few large screen TVs in the room so will get our pictures (done by randy) hooked up to them so people can see them.

I'll definitely be in my dress again, as will my bridesmaid and hubby and the men will be in their kilts. I'm going for a relaxed evening but still want it to be "weddingy" as for some people this will be our wedding as they ant make it to Florida.

I'm also going to do a toast and first dance but nt sure about speeches but DF thinks we should do a speech so will probably do that. Oh and we are having table linen and seat covers and balloons for the table. I'm also looking at some other sort of centre piece but wer not allowed candles so may be flowers in gel balls on every other table.

Hope this helps but just remember its your day and your reception and you can have whatever you want xx
Old 18 Feb 12, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by me love stitch View Post
If you have had or are planning a UK reception after a Florida wedding?
  1. if so what did you/are you going to do? having a meal and disco, just disco or just going to a pub? What do you think is the ettiquette?
  2. Did you wear your wedding dress again?
  3. Did you show your wedding video at the reception?
  4. Also how long after your wedding was your UK reception?
  5. how long does it take to get your CD of photos? im plannning on using Disney (for the DP and Park photos) and Randy Chapman (for everything else). I think it would be great to have all the photos for the reception.
trying to plan but WOW I have so many questions!
thanks for your help
We are having a UK reception, we have hired a marquee at a local hotel and will be serving a hot buffet and having a DJ.

I will be wearing my wedding dress again, and the bridesmaids will wear their dresses as will my husband and the groomsmen, get our moneys worth out of everything hehe.

We too are having STVS so I do not think our video will be ready in time, but we will show our photos from the amazing Randy Chapman on a slideshow hopefully, need to check this with the hotel actually!

We get married on October 16th, come home from Florida on the 27th, and our party will be on November 10th, 2 weeks later. Hopefully this will help to reduce of the Disney blues I am sure I will get!

Happy planning!

Originally Posted by Hayley&Gareth View Post
We didn't have a UK reception - one family get together was by far enough
You make me laugh Hayley
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread