Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 20 Aug 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Great day, so fab to just walk around and take in those incredible sights.
Lunch burgers looked great. Dinner at the football looked ... Expensive !

Great way to round off the day though, you did well navigating to get there . Shame about the rain, I hope that made a swift departure.

I keep going back to look at the plate of pickles ... ,
Haha they were an interesting 'starter'
That was the only rain we saw though the next day was a bit cloudy and cooler.
Originally Posted by Disney4Three View Post
Giants game looks great, we have bought tickets to see Yankees but reading your report I checked and there is a pre season giants game when we are there next week. Can you remember which section you sat in as view looks good X
We were in section 144, they were good seats
Thank you for reading
Old 20 Aug 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4Three
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks Emma I will take a look at the Giant tickets 👍🏻
Disney4Three is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
lots of walking & food
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another busy day. Nice walk along the Highline, it's a nice place. I like the look of the walk along the river, another to add to my list!

It sounds as though you all had fun at the game, despite lack of understanding Well done on getting there easily on the trains, great planning.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Another busy day. Nice walk along the Highline, it's a nice place. I like the look of the walk along the river, another to add to my list!

It sounds as though you all had fun at the game, despite lack of understanding Well done on getting there easily on the trains, great planning.
The river was lovely to walk beside, I would have liked to walk longer it was really pleasant but places to see!

The game was the boys favourite thing, it was a good experience, I still have no clue
Old 13 Jan 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I dissuaded Poot from the High Line (It'll just be plants and tourists, said I) - it never OCCURRED to me to use it for crosswalk-avoidance! What I haven't learned from this trippie, I tell ya.

Googling "Manhattan Nose Sculpture" just got me a passel of ads for plastic surgeons - but I also looked at that thing and saw "nose" (with sneeze-guards?). Modern art is not for me.

I showed the cheese shop photo to Poot (MISTAKE! What did I get from him? "Why didn't WE go there? You just didn't want to spend more money on CHEESE. DAD would have agreed." Sigh.).

And you were LUCKY that the Giants had a bag-storage facility. The last time we went to a Vikings game...NOTHING...there were just massive bins to throw out your handbag - after decanting all of its contents into your pockets. Seriously.

When the game was over we saw women rootling through the bins (which by then were also full of beer cups, etc...) trying to reclaim their bags. Regular football game-goers may know the crazy rules...but I think the tickets should show the bag policy in BIG LETTERS.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I dissuaded Poot from the High Line (It'll just be plants and tourists, said I) - it never OCCURRED to me to use it for crosswalk-avoidance! What I haven't learned from this trippie, I tell ya.

Googling "Manhattan Nose Sculpture" just got me a passel of ads for plastic surgeons - but I also looked at that thing and saw "nose" (with sneeze-guards?). Modern art is not for me.

I showed the cheese shop photo to Poot (MISTAKE! What did I get from him? "Why didn't WE go there? You just didn't want to spend more money on CHEESE. DAD would have agreed." Sigh.).

And you were LUCKY that the Giants had a bag-storage facility. The last time we went to a Vikings game...NOTHING...there were just massive bins to throw out your handbag - after decanting all of its contents into your pockets. Seriously.

When the game was over we saw women rootling through the bins (which by then were also full of beer cups, etc...) trying to reclaim their bags. Regular football game-goers may know the crazy rules...but I think the tickets should show the bag policy in BIG LETTERS.
Yes I’m more more about the practicalities of avoiding crosswalks (they are a pain) than art!
It was a shame I didn’t get a toasted sandwich from the cheese shop - next time! I loved Greenwich, this was one of my favourite days of our stay

What a pain about the Viking’s game, so youactually have to chuck away your bags? Nightmare
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Yes I’m more more about the practicalities of avoiding crosswalks (they are a pain) than art!
It was a shame I didn’t get a toasted sandwich from the cheese shop - next time! I loved Greenwich, this was one of my favourite days of our stay

What a pain about the Viking’s game, so youactually have to chuck away your bags? Nightmare
You did back in 2015 - I was ready with my (classy) clear plastic sack - but a LOT of ladies weren't. You can't even bring a camera case inside NFL stadia these days...

We actually saw a couple of women say to their husbands, "Here - sell my ticket. My bag's worth four hundred dollars - I'll wait for you in the car."
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Fab day. The football game looks lots of fun, something I'll look into. I wouldn't have a clue either about the rules of the game but I bet the atmosphere is great!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Fab day. The football game looks lots of fun, something I'll look into. I wouldn't have a clue either about the rules of the game but I bet the atmosphere is great!
This was one of the things the boys enjoyed most, it was as good to do .