Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 15 Apr 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshie35
Excited about Disney

Disney or Universal Vow renewal

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is safe and well.

We are due to go in August this year but are not holding out much hope.
We are of the idea that we will postpone until next year. Next year will be our 20 year anniversary so would like to renew our vows.
We were planning to do it locally but the timing would be perfect to do it either in Disney or Universal. (DD and DW huge Harry Potter fans).
Anybody done Disney or universal and how pricey was it?
There will only be the 3 of us. The ceremony a few photos and a meal is all we would be looking at.

Any ideas or contacts to help us would be great.

Thanks for reading
Welshie35 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
chris k
Earning More Ears

I cant comment on Universal however I know Disney ceremonies are very pricey! However you can renew your vows at a number of Disney Springs locations. We renewed our vows last year on our 10th anniversary on the deck of the Paddlefish restaraunt and it was a beautiful location(we only had ourselves and 2 sons), you can also do it up on the balloon which would be pretty cool. I would advise to book the location direct as it works out cheaper if you decide to go for that option, I emailed intimateweddingsoforlando/ and glynn ferguson did the ceremony who was really helpful and he brings along photographer/officiants. I think all in it cost us around £1500 doing it this way. Good luck and hope you have a wonderful time whatever you decide to do.
chris k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We looked at the theme parks and laughed at the prices .
We ended up driving forty minutes from Disney to Eustis , spent a few hundred rather than a few thousand and it was perfect .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Welshie35, I'm sure I read somewhere that Disney are doing a more reasonable option for people wishing to renew their vows (huge congratulations on your 20th anniversary by the way) It's essentially a photopass session.
Sorry I can't be more help.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Here's Disney's Fairytale Weddings site brochure page for details from the horses mouth on vow renewal at Disney
I imagine the price will give you one of those Eeeeks! moments lol

disneyweddings/request-for-information/
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Afternoon, I just happened to stumble across this as I am doing some research for the same thing! It's our 20th Anniversary in 2023 and we'd thought it'd be a great idea to do the same. Just fired off a request for prices... Can't wait to vomit / laugh / cry / scream (*delete as appropriate!) at the prices for Disney.
I was figuring if I start planning now I might stand half a chance of being able to budget for Disney hotel and Disney ceremony...