Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jan 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue73
Being a bit Goofy

Breakfast...

Sorry to ask a really numpty question so bear with...
We are staying onsite for the first 12 days... When booking Breakfast ADR's what time do you usually book? I guess its dependant on day etc but do I steer towards the 730 timing...same with dinners, do I book 730? Trouble is, i'm thinking UK timings and obvs things are different!
Thank you in advance... xxxxxx
Blue73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
First morning or two if you plan on having an ADR breakfast then as early as possible whether on resort or in a park. You will be up and raring to go .

Dinner for those first couple of days need to be not too late.

On from that it just depends on what the rest of your plans are. Sometimes its easier to grab a snack instead or mid morning breakfast.

Character meals in the park or places like BeourGuest breakfast or Akershus 8am is a good time as it then allows you early access to the park and first in line for 7DMT or Frozen respectively ahead of the mad rush.

Dinner... some will have firework views, if you have kids they may be grumpy the later it gets, some times are just easier to get so you get what you can.

Have a rough idea of your plans each day and then make dining that fits in ...all the best.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
ps... after about the half way mark, its REALLY nice to have a totally slobby day we find. So we have a lie in, and then book a late character meal breakfast or brunch at the resort we are staying at and chill by the pool...and then dinner and to a park once its dark.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Blue73 View Post
Sorry to ask a really numpty question so bear with...
We are staying onsite for the first 12 days... When booking Breakfast ADR's what time do you usually book? I guess its dependant on day etc but do I steer towards the 730 timing...same with dinners, do I book 730? Trouble is, i'm thinking UK timings and obvs things are different!
Thank you in advance... xxxxxx
For my upcoming 5nt trip I have three breakfasts booked, two are in the parks and are 8:15 and 8:20. One is onsite after we attend a late night evening event and so that is at 9:40am. My dinners are all between 7:15pm and 8:30pm.

Edited at 02:03 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

On previous trips we’ve tended to book breakfasts for about 8am, but we’re planning to book some later breakfasts this year so that we can take advantage of the lower early morning crowds and do some rides before we eat. We usually book dinner for about 6.30pm, but we’re planning on a few later reservations for Water Park days and when the restaurant is located a bit further away from the Park we’ll be in. I know many people seem to worry about making dining reservations 6 months in advance, particularly about booking the wrong time for dinner reservations and not being hungry, but we just adapt our eating patterns. If we know we’ve got a dinner booked for 6.30pm we’ll make sure we eat lunch early enough so we’re not still full later. Or we’ll just have a snack to tide us over.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
In the parks you won’t get any earlier than 8am. If I was booking one outside the parks I’d book for as early as possible so I could still get to a park for opening. Dinner we book for the same time we’d eat dinner at home but then we don’t stay in the parks all day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue73
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by D15ney72 View Post
On previous trips we’ve tended to book breakfasts for about 8am, but we’re planning to book some later breakfasts this year so that we can take advantage of the lower early morning crowds and do some rides before we eat. We usually book dinner for about 6.30pm, but we’re planning on a few later reservations for Water Park days and when the restaurant is located a bit further away from the Park we’ll be in. I know many people seem to worry about making dining reservations 6 months in advance, particularly about booking the wrong time for dinner reservations and not being hungry, but we just adapt our eating patterns. If we know we’ve got a dinner booked for 6.30pm we’ll make sure we eat lunch early enough so we’re not still full later. Or we’ll just have a snack to tide us over.

That all makes perfect sense - I didn't even THINK of doing a late breakkie after some rides so thank you for that insight! very helpful, appreciate your input! xx
Blue73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue73
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
ps... after about the half way mark, its REALLY nice to have a totally slobby day we find. So we have a lie in, and then book a late character meal breakfast or brunch at the resort we are staying at and chill by the pool...and then dinner and to a park once its dark.
Thank you so much! I've read about this day 3/4 'wall' so I've scheduled in a rest day
its our first time for us all inc 12/10 year old munchkins, and in orlando for 3 weeks 11 days at AKL and the remaining at a Championsgate villa so am defo having a rough plan!
thank you again xx