Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

We loved the signature when we stayed in August. I would recommend it for its location and large rooms. I may be wrong but I don’t think they offer two double beds in the room? I think it’s always a king size plus the sofa bed? This could make 5 people a bit tricky or very cosy 😉
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

Recommend Tuscany suite's. You could get a room with 2 double beds and a double sofa bed. Slightly off strip,behind Bally's so central in terms of position on the strip. Worth the 10 min walk through back of Bally's. Beautiful pool area. Stayed twice and going back this year. We've paid £33 pound per night + resort fee so huge difference to on strip prices.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Venetian is wonderful. Could probably get 2 adjoining rooms at other hotels for the same price though
Thanks, I wondered the same too. It's the paying of two lots of resort fees that bumps the price up.

Originally Posted by DurhamGirl View Post
I’d try again .. the room should be big enough. It’s a shame if they can’t accommodate you
It is a shame when the room is big enough.

Try doing a mock booking online.
It will only allow 4.

I agree its big enough Some hotels dont like too many in room occupancy because of noise levels. You could sleep 6 in the Bella suite...but think 6 males on a stag weekend! I agree for a family its fine...guessing OP has kids and not 5 adults?
Yes we're 2 adults and 3 kids and we really don't mind sharing as you're barely in the room.

Thanks everyone think we'll have to try somewhere else
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi try signature rental by owner. They rent private apartments and include all fees. You will be fine with a 1 bedroom suite. I had us five in one and they are good to deal with. You do pay a 30 percent non refundable deposit though. If you want more flexibility though and to be honest, with the £ what it is now, you may not be saving much anyway, go directly on the mgm Signature website. We will be back at the Signature in July/ August and cannot wait
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We’ve just had a 4 night stay at the Signature, checked out yesterday morning and can highly recommend it. The room is HUGE and would easily accommodate 5. I paid $692 for the 4 nights, this included taxes and resort fee. Not sure how it would compare with August though
That sounds great, good to hear the room is really big that's so useful. Thanks for your reply
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Depends what you want .. if it’s a good pool then Carriage house and some of the other suites won’t be what you want

MGM signature would be better as can use the mgm pools

If you have a car and aren’t bothered about being on the strip that opens up more options like Tahiti village , grand view all which have good pools.

I’ve stopped off strip many times and will next week and it’s fine , we can be on the strip in 10’ mins and there’s plenty of free parking still .

As for the Venetian the standard and Bella suites will only occupy 4 people as per their website ..

You’ll always get people that have had 5/6 in a room etc but often the extra people have been sneaked in .
Thanks for your reply.

We will have a car so will have a look at some of the off strip options.
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
We loved the signature when we stayed in August. I would recommend it for its location and large rooms. I may be wrong but I don’t think they offer two double beds in the room? I think it’s always a king size plus the sofa bed? This could make 5 people a bit tricky or very cosy 😉
I think it is a kingsize or a queen and then a sofabed? Sure we'd be ok lol. Thank you

Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Recommend Tuscany suite's. You could get a room with 2 double beds and a double sofa bed. Slightly off strip,behind Bally's so central in terms of position on the strip. Worth the 10 min walk through back of Bally's. Beautiful pool area. Stayed twice and going back this year. We've paid £33 pound per night + resort fee so huge difference to on strip prices.

Wow that was a good price! I'm not sure where the hotels are as we've never been before. Will take a look at this, thank you
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Hi try signature rental by owner. They rent private apartments and include all fees. You will be fine with a 1 bedroom suite. I had us five in one and they are good to deal with. You do pay a 30 percent non refundable deposit though. If you want more flexibility though and to be honest, with the £ what it is now, you may not be saving much anyway, go directly on the mgm Signature website. We will be back at the Signature in July/ August and cannot wait
I really do like the look and sound of the Signature. I will take a look at the website you've mentioned, thank you.

Have a great time we might see you there
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
I really do like the look and sound of the Signature. I will take a look at the website you've mentioned, thank you.

Have a great time we might see you there
signaturerentalsbyowner/

Above is the actual site I was a bit wary the first time I used them, but I’ve used them twice now and all was well. I only used BA this time as they had silly prices for Vegas in the school holidays last September, for this July. Good luck with searching, I remember it well

Edited at 10:51 AM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemca
Very Serious Dibber

Hi,

You can also book rooms at the Signature on homeaway site. We have booked 3 times with an owner. We have booked a one bedroom suite but there are also two bedroom suites.
clairemca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List