Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jul 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
Before you go you must continue to do your Achilles loading rehab plan as well as during the holiday. You can also look somthing called shockwave therapy but this is not available on the Nhs in most places so you will need to look privately for it.

Thank you to all those people again who use sketchers the foot problems that come from these are what allows me to buy all the nice things and holidays 😀😀😀

I'm going through shockwave on my Achillies at the moment. I've had trouble for years since a work injury. I've had a group of 3 sessions, 3 months before reassessment and now undergoing another 3 sessions.

It's been amazing, I feel very little pain now, from having daily issues! I would estimate that the pain has reduced by 80-90%, which is amazing. I'm lucky in that I've had it done on the NHS, but my local chiropractor does it and it's well worth considering, even if you have to pay.

I have skechers, but i'm not sure they're going to be what i need for florida so I think I'm off to find a new pair of Merrells.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
princess pixie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies, went into running shop and got measured plus had gait analysis done, right foot I have a high arch and my foot doesn't walk in straight line, this is the one where I have Achilles tendonitis so will go back and look at what trainers they advise

I always assumed skechers were great for walking, had go walks for years but wasnt until I got a new pair that the Achilles pain started

Thanks all 🙂

October 2007 - Windsor Hills (First Trip)
October 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa
October 2010 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2012 - 10 Days in Florida
June/July 2013 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2014 - 3 Weeks in Florida
princess pixie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
princess pixie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
The reason your Achilles is worse with sketchers is the sole of the sketchers has no decent structure so when you walk in them the sole gives out under normal walking which then results in the inside aspect of your calf muscle working harder to compensate which by default puts more load in your Achilles’ tendon.

I would advise using a good pair of running trainers if you use sandals of any type your pain will be worse. As a temporary measure for the holiday only get a heel raise to make it easier but when the holiday ends make sure it is removed as this will delay Achilles recovery in the longer term.

Before you go you must continue to do your Achilles loading rehab plan as well as during the holiday. You can also look somthing called shockwave therapy but this is not available on the Nhs in most places so you will need to look privately for it.

Thank you to all those people again who use sketchers the foot problems that come from these are what allows me to buy all the nice things and holidays 😀😀😀
No rehab plan, went back to dr a second time and was just given sheet of exercises, nearly 6 weeks now since diagnosed and still struggling to walk, hopefully good trainers will help a bit in florida

October 2007 - Windsor Hills (First Trip)
October 2009 - Tuscan Hills Villa
October 2010 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2012 - 10 Days in Florida
June/July 2013 - 2 Weeks in Florida
October 2014 - 3 Weeks in Florida
princess pixie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kenzo
Trading Disney Pins

princess pixie - I work for a very well known sports brand, my advice is now you have been to a running shop, see what they advise is best for your gait. Then take a picture of the label in the shoe it will have a product code on it, google the product code and it should not only bring up this style but previous ones, a newer version can be launched each season but sometimes it is only the color that has changed previous seasons shoes should be available at sale prices
I also love air max 90s only thing i have managed to get around the parks in - good tip though wear them in as much as possible
kenzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess pixie View Post
No rehab plan, went back to dr a second time and was just given sheet of exercises, nearly 6 weeks now since diagnosed and still struggling to walk, hopefully good trainers will help a bit in florida
Ok that’s not a rehab plan that is your gps way of saying I don’t want to refer you to physiotherapist. Getting referred to a physio means they can assess you and give you the correct loading exercises to start building your tendon back up. What ever you do though do not start to stretch the Achilles like someone has suggested as this will cause aggravation. See a physio and get properly assessed.

With regards to trainers if you have a high arch type I suspect they will put you in a neutral trainer if they are trying to put you in anything like an ant I pronatory trainer go to another running shop. As a temporary measure get a couple of small heel lifts as these will reduce some load going into your Achilles which should help get you through the holiday. Please though after the holiday take them out as long term they will make the issue worse.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

I suffered from Plantar which was brought on the podiatrist said, by constantly wearing flip flops, day in day out! ….. She suggested classic crocs. Ugly yes, but oh so comfortable and plantar went and no more pain. So any heavy walking, its classic crocs for me in the parks.
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

I took Sketchers one year and my feet’s got wet on a water ride. They then rubbed my feet raw. I had a two inch blister on the sole of each foot, it was agony. Now wear Nikes and Adidas tennis ankle socks as they are think and soft and nothing rubs.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

There are 2 trainers I’d recommend for anyone looking for pure comfort with a bit of style.

Nike - epic react
Adidas - ultraboost

My favourite being the ultraboost from both a comfort and aesthetic perspective. Next time you pass by the likes of JD just go in and try a pair, you’ll never look back.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List