Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jun 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Injury question

8 days ago, I slipped & hurt my foot. I didn’t actually fall as I stopped myself. It wasn’t too bad as I carried on the day/night out. When I went to bed, it was really tender when a particular part of my foot touched anything (even the mattress). By the next morning, the inside of my foot was badly bruised. I could walk on it although it hurt. As the week has gone on, the bruising has spread to the top of my foot. I can only wear certain shoes as any pressure on the ‘injured’ part of my foot hurts. The bruising is still there quite a lot & gone through the usual colour changes. I’ve been walking on it all week & it’s not too bad, although it is sometimes swollen afterwards. I suppose what I’m asking is how long can I expect the bruising & tenderness to last? Probably a daft question!
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I went over on my ankle and tore the ligaments Easter weekend and its only just started to feel better! I've had 2 lots of physio with acupuncture but don't think they made much difference
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I would definitely get an x ray done. There are lots of bones in the foot and you could have a break.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband did this and when he finally gave in and went for an x-ray he had broken it. So 6 weeks in plaster then another 4 because he damaged the ligament with not going earlier. I would definitely recommend an x-ray to be on the safe side. Soft tissue damage can last between 4-6 weeks as well.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I agree re x-ray, having bruising on both the underside and top of foot usually leans towards something being broken.
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Whenever I think it’s sorted itself out, it starts hurting again or more bruising appears. I have also noticed a bump which I don’t have on the other foot! I’m off work tomorrow so will probably go to the walk-in centre. Just feel daft after 9 days & don’t want to waste anyone’s time.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

tendons. muscles and ligaments are painful - i ended up having my torn ligament in my ankle fixed as it kept giving way.

Try to rest as much as possible, use ice treatment and perhaps see your local NHS physio
Old 2 Jul 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Finally been to have my foot seen to. When the nurse pressed the sore part, I nearly cried! Anyway it’s been
X-rayed & nothing was found. She did say soft tissue injuries can take 4-6 weeks to heal. I’m supposed to be running a 10k in 10 weeks.
Old 2 Jul 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Glad there are no breaks, yes soft tissue can actually take longer than breaks too. My DD is football mad and injured her ankle which was a very slow process in getting her back to walking fully weight baring.

Don't push yourself if its not right but fingers crossed you are fully healed in time to train for the 10k.
Old 3 Jul 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

You need a special sock for plantar fascia injury ( Amazon have some good ones) that will help pull the muscle under your foot back into place, reduce the swelling and speed up the healing process. Take some anti-inflammatory tablets and best of all keep the foot elevated and iced. Be careful with that foot when you start walking around in it again small amounts of time to start with and gradually lengthen you time on your feet.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List