Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 3 Jul 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

How do you comment on lots of responses on one post?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you comment to multiple people's comments on just one post?

I have started a food report and plan to update it live when we are on holiday and I figured it would be less annoying to do one post commenting on people's posts they have left rather than individually, but I don't know how.

Thanks in advance
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Alongside your countdown are four blue buttons - Like, quote, quotation marks and reply.

If you want to multi-quote four posts for instance. Click on the quotation marks on posts 1, 2 and 3 then click on quote in post 4.

You can then insert your cursor under each quoted post separately.

Mick

PS there will also be an edit button which only appears on your posts
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you comment to multiple people's comments on just one post?

I have started a food report and plan to update it live when we are on holiday and I figured it would be less annoying to do one post commenting on people's posts they have left rather than individually, but I don't know how.

Thanks in advance
So what you could do is click on the "QUOTE" button and then write up your reply and then save that response to a note app on your phone, tablet or laptop (however your going to be updating the report).

Then at the end of the day you can copy all your responses with the quotes into one post and submit that.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Good question OP and one I've long wanted the answer to but never got around to asking. Thanks Mick for the answer.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Alongside your countdown are four blue buttons - Like, quote, quotation marks and reply.

If you want to multi-quote four posts for instance. Click on the quotation marks on posts 1, 2 and 3 then click on quote in post 4.

Mick

Ah - makes perfect sense now - thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Tsoski View Post
So what you could do is click on the "QUOTE" button and then write up your reply and then save that response to a note app on your phone, tablet or laptop (however your going to be updating the report).

Then at the end of the day you can copy all your responses with the quotes into one post and submit that.
Thanks very much - I'm testing with this one - hope it works!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Yay it worked!

Thanks so much :-)
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mick

Thank you so much for this Mick, I had no idea!

I've always followed the method Tsoski described, it can be quite time consuming.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well done to Mick for the easy to follow instructions- I couldn’t fathom this out when I did my trip report earlier this year!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Thanks Mick - something I've never known how to do.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mick

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
Good question OP and one I've long wanted the answer to but never got around to asking. Thanks Mick for the answer.
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Thank you so much for this Mick, I had no idea!

I've always followed the method Tsoski described, it can be quite time consuming.
Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Well done to Mick for the easy to follow instructions- I couldn’t fathom this out when I did my trip report earlier this year!
Ah, I think you might have helped a few people on this one!
Thank you OP for asking this
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List