Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 May 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Ben and Libby's Happily Ever After - The Wedding Day (Part 3)

Day 4 - Wednesday 19th October 2016

The Wedding Day (Part 3)

Urgh you guys, Photobucket is being sooooo annoying! I honestly have no idea what’s happened to my photos, lots of other Dibbers are having the same issue on their trippies and we’ve emailed PB but they are so unhelpful So for now I’m going to try uploading my photos onto Flickr and see how that goes. It will take me waayyyyyy too long to transfer all my old trippies onto Flickr though so that’s not really a solution, so not really sure what I’m going to do! Anyway, I really want to get my trippie done before I forget everything haha so hopefully using Flickr from now on will be a good alternative.

So, you left us about halfway through the ceremony. Lets see what happened next…

After the crazy emotion of our vows, we had a minute to compose ourselves. It honestly was so emotional, looking at the video I just don’t know if there was a dry eye in the whole house!

Ashley said she struggled to keep it together, and Trinity said it was one of the most emotional ceremonies they'd seen.

Once we’d composed ourselves the teeniest bit, it was time for the first of our two readings from our friend Joe. He is one of our oldest friends and it was so special to have him do a reading for us He read a piece called ‘I’ll be there for you.’

I’ll Be There For You, by Louise Cuddon

I'll be there, my darling, through thick and through thin
When your mind's in a mess and your head's in a spin
When your plane's been delayed, and you've missed the last train.
When life is just threatening to drive you insane
When your thrilling whodunit has lost its last page
When somebody tells you, you're looking your age
When your coffee's too cool, and your wine is too warm
When the forecast said, "Fine," but you're out in a storm
When your quick break hotel turns into a slum
And your holiday photos show only your thumb
When the food you most like brings you out in red rashes
When as soon as you boot up the bloody thing crashes
When the jeans that you bought in hope or in haste
Just stick on your hips and don't reach round your waist
When you gaze at the stars, and step on a nail
When you know you'll succeed, but, somehow, you fail.

So my darling, my sweetheart, my beloved, my dear…

When you spill your beer, when you shed a tear
When you burn the toast, when you miss the post
When you lose the plot, when I'm all you've got
When you're last in the queue, don't feel blue
'cause I'm telling you, I'll be there for you.

How cute is that I looked at soooooooo many readings and just couldn’t find any that summed up our relationship perfectly. I originally chose a Harry Potter reading for our other one, so I wanted something quite light-hearted for Joe and this was perfect Even better was the fact that Joe sung the last line a la the Friends theme tune - Friends is my favourite TV show ever ever ever and it hadn’t even occured to me that this poem was so similar! He’d checked with Ben first and Ben told him to go for it haha!

Next up was my brother Jon’s reading. Now this was originally going to be a Harry Potter reading about love which I searched and searched for and it wasn’t mega about love but I just love this quote from the books and I felt after much searching that it was actually perfect. I’ll share it here just in case anyone is looking for a HP wedding quote haha!

An excerpt from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Dumbledore considered Voldemort over the top of his goblet for a while before speaking.

“Yes, I certainly do know that you have seen and done much since leaving us.’ he said quietly. ‘Rumours of your doings have reached your old school, Tom. I should be sorry to believe half of them.’

Voldemort’s expression remained impassive as he said, ‘Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore.’

‘You call it “greatness”, what you have been doing, do you?’ asked Dumbledore delicately.

‘Certainly,’ said Voldemort, and his eyes seemed to burn red. ‘I have experimented; I have pushed the boundaries of magic further, perhaps, than they have ever been pushed –’

“Of some kinds of magic,’ Dumbledore corrected him quietly. ‘Of some. Of others, you remain…forgive me…woefully ignorant.’

For the first time, Voldemort smiled. It was a taut leer, an evil thing, more threatening than a look of rage.

‘The old argument,’ he said softly. ‘But nothing I have seen in the world has supported your famous pronouncements that love is more powerful than my kind of magic, Dumbledore.’

‘Perhaps you have been looking in the wrong places,” suggested Dumbledore.

But, a month or so before the wedding, my brother informed us that he’d written a reading for us! We were blown away, how thoughtful! We had no idea what it was though! Well, when we heard it….

See for yourselves!

Love is a Philosopher’s Stone,
Keeping us innocent and free throughout our years.
Now is the time,
to let it go,
as Akuna Matata and the Bare Necessities become your guide.

Love is a Chamber of Secrets,
Only revealing its true nature to those daring enough to open it.
When you wish upon a star,
in magic you will trust
All it takes is faith, love and pixie dust.

Love is the Order of the Phoenix,
Rising from the ashes when life’s spark seems all but lost.
Somewhere over the rainbow it soars,
Here the spark never waivers,
as there’s no place like home.

Love is a Prisoner of Azkaban,
Where the innocent and true are unbound by those around them.
Where the Bells of Notre Dam will ring for every Un-birthday to come,
And from here to Neverland,
everyone hails to pumpkin song.

Love is a Goblet of Fire,
Calling upon us to perform feats of bravery and enter the unknown.
With a bibbidi bobbidi boo and a spoonful of sugar,
Whatever’s in your path
Just keep swimming,

Love is a Half Blood Prince,
Overcoming life’s conflicts with unending commitment and devotion.
You’ll count the Dalmatians, you’ll feed the birds,
Follow Basil into adventure
and discover,
You are a toy!

Love is a Deathly Hallow,
passed down from generation to generation,
Ensuring once upon a dream,
can always lead to happily ever after.

So be our guest, climb aboard the spirit of adventure,
Past the Island of Na Boom Boo
And through the Little April Showers,
With a chim chimmeny chim chim cherieee,
You’re both as lucky,
As lucky can be

Second star to the right and Straight on till morning
To infinity and beyond,
It’s not gonna be boring!

Now It’s time for me to go
Just one last piece of advice,
Your new life is waiting
And as I’m sure we all know….
Life is always better,
down where it’s wetter,
under the sea.

Pretty awesome, huh! Literally blubbed. He combined my two loves so so cleverly! Totes emosh.

I love this pic of Vic juggling aaaaalllll the floral!

Deathly Hallows ringbox <3

And then it was time for our Unity Candle ceremony. I was a bit nervous for this because our rehearsal had been so intense! Also, the Mum’s had massive issues lighting their candles when they walked in! Obviously we had no idea til they told us later but we can see on the video of the ceremony bless them, they kept blowing out it was so weird! Some kind of phantom breeze in the pav! Luckily though, ours went smoothly And we didn’t even really have to do all the moves that Lisa had briefed us on the previous day, apart from me going round so Ben wasn’t anywhere near my dress with the candle, we just winged it! And it was great. For this section of the ceremony we had Queen - You’re My Best Friend playing My favourite band ever, it was so cute!

‘I’ve been with you such a long time, you’re my sunshine’ <3

Then it was time for the rings and the final vows. Eeeekk! JAson had our rings in my beautiful Harry Potter ‘Always’ ring box, and Rev Tim said some lovely words while we put the rings on each other.

And then...we were MARRIED and it was time to kiss! Yay!

We did, if I do say so myself, a very nice kiss - and held it as instructed by our media team!

Then we giggled…

Oh my goodness, we did it! Victoria handed me my bouquet, and Rev Tim announced us as husband and wife to our family and friends. We walked back down the aisle together hand in hand to the sounds of ‘There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow’ from the Carousel of Progress.

Then everyone else filed out too!

Edited at 04:36 PM.
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

The man, the legend

Then we went back inside the pavilion to see everyone I love these photos! It was so nice to see everyone properly and everyone was congratulating us, I just couldn’t stop grinning like a loon!

Me and Benj then ducked into the Bride’s vestibule while all our guests were led outside to do the petal toss. I can’t really remember what happened in the vestibule haha but I imagine we hugged and kissed some more and said YAY WE’RE MARRIED a lot! Then Lisa led us out and we did the staged exit Love these photos!

Yayyyyy!

We then hopped into the limousine and waved to everyone before driving off into the sunset!

Just kidding. It was a staged exit so we just scooted round the fountain and then parked right back up outside the pavilion. At this stage, we got out of the limousine and all our guests had headed back inside for a group photo.

Just as we were about to go back in though, Lisa said would you like to meet a pony!?

Um, YES!? Hahahah! How awesome! So we turned around and waiting there to meet us was the most gorgeous little white pony! He was called Baxter and he was in training to be a pony pulling Cinderella’s Coach! This was mega exciting, I looooove horses so I was over the moon haha and I just love the photos we got with him They were trying to get him used to brides wearing big dresses so he wouldn’t spook, and he was such a good boy already!

Absolute babe. I love these photos so much - a monorail and a white pony, does it get any more Disney than that!?

After this extreme excitement moment, Lisa led us back inside the pavilion where we had some group photos

Then, Lisa asked for just our families and the bridal party/groom’s party to wait, and everyone else was to head out of the Pavilion where they’d be shown how to walk to the wedding reception. But, this was a huge surprise - rather than walking to the Whitehall Room and Patio like they all thought they were, they were getting to ride in the limo! It took 8 of them at a time so it worked out really well that they all just slowly went over, while we did photos with our family

Before long, it was just me, Benj, Jason and Victoria. We had a few photos outside by Picture Point which was lovely

I then confessed to Benj I was in a severe amount of pain from my wedding shoes rubbing sooooo much! Luckily Ian was still with us (Victoria’s husband and all-round awesomely helpful man) and he volunteered to go back to our room and grab some back up shoes I had bought! Yay! They weren’t really back up, they were just white and flat and very bridal looking! Honestly, the moment I realised I had them was just total bliss! So we continued having photos, me barefoot haha cause I just had to get my shoes off! Ian then returned, gave me my shoes and took my horrible painful wedding shoes with him, and they all headed off to cocktail hour. Then it was time for pure, uninterrupted bride and bridegroom photos!

I’ll share a selection - they are all beautiful We got to go all over the place too even though we only had about 45 minutes, so it’s awesome to have such variety in our photos and videos. David and Kristina left us about about 15 minutes and headed over to capture some footage of our cocktail hour, and then me, Ben and Ashley just ran around taking photos everywhere!

Edited at 05:04 PM.
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Once we’d finished at the pavilion we got in the limo with Ashley and drove over to the Grand Floridian lobby for some photos!

I absolutely love this photo, we always say it just sums up our relationship hahah!

Eventually, the wedding coordinator who was with us said we really had to be getting to the cocktail hour, and Ashley was like okay guys we need to stop haha! She then quickly went ahead of us to cocktail hour to set up and take some prep photos, and me, Benj and the really lovely wedding coordinator whose name I didn’t take down walked from the GF lobby to the Whitehall Room and Patio at the GF Convention Center. It was nearly time to have a drink! Wooooo!

When we got to the Convention Centre, Lisa greeted us just inside. Then, her and the DFTW lady were chatting to us about what the plan was and where we needed to go. She led us down the corridor towards the WHR and warned us that there would likely be some of our guests milling around at the bar hahah but we were to just ignore them and march right on into the room! They were all outside on the patio where the canapes were, but the bar was set up inside and obviously they were hanging around there ha! So we walked down the corridor and a few of our buddies saw us and started to get really excited but we just waved and shook our heads, got ushered into the room, and Lisa shut the door. The bar had looked so good though and I got so excited! But WOW, our room looked even more incredible. Oh my goodness, it was perfect. I was so happy!

It was so amazing to see all our ideas and our vision come to life, I felt so happy And we got the twinkly trees! I shouted out to Benj ‘WE GOT THE TREES! YAY! ’ hahah! The whole vibe was just all romantic and pink and sparkly and I just loooooved it. Lisa seemed really pleased that I was so pleased too

Us coming in!

Our beautiful room!

Our cake!

Hidden Mickeys!

Edited at 10:53 PM.
Old 21 May 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Ashley also got some gorgeous detail photos of our invites and programs. So proud of these and it’s lovely to have them professionally photographed!

Lisa then asked us some final questions and made sure we were happy with the schedule for the next few hours, and we said we were! Then a lady bought us over 2 plates of appetizers from our cocktail hour yay! And we also got another drink! Our photo and video teams were wandering around taking photos and getting set up, and then they and Lisa said bye and closed the doors, and me and Benj were left alone in the room to enjoy a moments quiet with our snacks before the craziness continued.

The food was OHMYGOD amazing. We were both absolutely famished by this point, so we absolutely demolished our plates! For our cocktail hour, we served our guests the Artisinal Cheese Selection which included a boat load of delicious cheese, crackers and bread, and everyone just went mad for it. In fact I think a lot of people (us included!) filled up on the amazing cocktail hour food haha!

My plate!

It was delicious. We chatted as we ate and it was nice to just pause and sit down for a sec! Lisa then returned, this time with another lady in tow who worked for the Dapper Dans and wanted to know how we wanted to be called in. She said they’d hate to get our names wrong! Bless! We also had a quick chat about them and she shared some extremely exciting news! We had emailed Lisa and asked if the Dans were able to take requests. She said possibly, what did you have in mind, and we said either Grim Grinning Ghosts or This is Halloween from NBC would be amazing! She said she’d see what we could do but we didn’t get our hopes up and knew they’d be awesome either way! Well, this lady said they’d learned Grim Grinning Ghosts specially for our event! AMAZING! She said they’d been practising in the kitchen all morning, and were really excited to sing it for us. Eeeekkkkk! She then disappeared, and Lisa let us know that the Dans were about to enter onto the patio, and we could peek through the windows and watch everyones reactions if we wanted! Yes please! So we stood at the windows and peeked, and at 4.30 on the dot they burst through the double doors and out onto the patio, and everyone literally freaked out. It was so amazing to see. Our friend Lottie (Lottie89 of Dibb trip report fame) in particular was my favourite reaction, I knew she loved them and obviously it was a surprise to everyone but my Mum/Vic/Ian, and her face was just priceless! Her jaw literally dropped it was amazing, and she scrambled to get her camera haha! The Dan’s then opened with “Walking right down the middle of Main Street USAAAAA” which was incred, and then they sung us out to rapturous applause and cheering from our guests which was lovely!

We waved to everyone and then went and perched in front of them, and then they sang loads of songs! They did 3 x 15 minute sets, and we’d spread them out throughout the afternoon as a way of separating out key parts of the wedding day It worked really well! My favourite bit was when they called Ben up to help them sing one of their songs! He had to sing the word ‘you’ in lots of different lines, and then at one point they sung about my eyes, then they covered his eyes and asked him what colour eyes I had haha! He said ‘Blue...y!?’ and we all fell about! I was like ‘I’ll take bluey!’ haha!

Here are some photos of the wonderful Dans

Once they’d finished we all clapped and cheered, and they bid us farewell and said they’d see us a bit later on! And then we got called in for dinner, yay! I can’t remember if Lisa called us or Ian did, but either way it was time for FOOD! It was about 4.45 by this time according to my notes, so we were 100% on track with our schedule love that! We wandered around the patio for a few minutes hugging and kissing people, and everyone was just talking non-stop about the Dans! I was particularly happy to chat to my Dad about them as I really hoped he liked them and I was so looking forward to revealing this surprise to him throughout the planning session. He loved them! After a few minutes of this, a CM came over to me and Ben and said would we like to be taken through the buffet? Yes, yes we would. Ha!

So me and Benj went up, me first wooooo, and this wonderful man selected all the food for me! I made it clear that I was a. Pretty hungry and b. Had paid a lot of money for this food, so don’t judge me for the amount I’d be asking him to load onto the plate for me. He cracked up and said he likes a woman who can eat! Legend. So I pretty much got a little of everything as it all looked beautiful and I wanted to try it all.

Edited at 11:03 PM.
Old 21 May 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Here are some photos of our wonderful dinner!

And at the end of the buffet was the absolute highlight - our martini action station. This was something I’d wanted pretty much since I found out about Disney weddings (#notexaggerating) and involves a wonderful chef cooking up a carb of your choice, and then serving it in super cute martini glasses and adding the toppings you choose. We couldn’t decide which carb we wanted, so we got all 3. Ha. We had risotto, mashed potato, and mac and cheese. For our toppings, we had bacon bits, gravy, chives, sour cream, cheese, mushrooms, broccoli...you name it, we had it. Oh, and we also casually had lobster. Which my Mum freaked out about haha! She was so excited!

So the reason i’m telling you all this is in the hopes that you’ll understand why I had to get all 3 carbs. 3 martini glasses. On a separate plate as I’d already filled my buffet plate. The action station chef and the CM who was serving us seemed to absolutely love the fact that I was getting so much food, so that was nice to have that support! He then walked me over to the sweetheart table and sat me down, asked me what I’d like to drink, and went to get it. Dream service! I of course chose to sample our speciality drink, the ‘Blue-Eyed Birman’, named after our kitty Saffie (Princess Sapphire if you wanted to call her by her full, official name! ).

This cocktail was incredible and everyone raved about it - in fact when me and Ben were having our photos taken, the DFTW co-ordinator who was with us was chatting to us about what a great time our guests were having and how we were not to worry while we were having our pics taken! In fact, she said, they were having such a great time that they’d already powered through 2 kegs of the cocktail and the staff had had to make another batch up! She said that was the quickest they’d ever had to do that! I immediately felt immensely proud of our guests! So yeah, it was lovely. Benj then came over to the sweetheart table accompanied by his buffet assistant, sat down, and was bought a drink. And then we ate! It honestly was one of the best plates of food I’ve ever had in my life. We sat back and enjoyed our food while watching our guests go up and down to the buffet, laughing as we overheard snippets of conversation (my personal favourite being our friend Lucy saying to her boyfriend Joe ‘I feel like I’m at a Kardashian wedding! ’) and chatting to a few guests who came up to say hi. I was pretty intent on eating though so I kind of just carried on! It was actually really lovely to sit on our own because we had the chance to chat about the day so far and catch up, and also to watch our guests enjoy the experiences they were having. 100% recommend a sweetheart table if anyone’s on the fence at all! Everyone was going mad over the martini action station - once Lucy found out I had 3 glasses she made Joe go up and get her another mashed potato with blue cheese dressing, ‘because the bride said it was okay!’ So yeah, the food went down incredibly well, and I think we were all just a bit wowed by everything!

I’m gonna finish this section of the wedding day recaps with this super cute photo of us and Ashley Jane

Okay guys I’m gonna leave it there because this is just an insanely long post already! The next (and probably final!) section of the wedding day recap will be our speeches, reception, and dessert party. Yay! I hope you all enjoyed reading this, and apologies again for all the Photobucket stress and the delay, and I hope Flickr works! xxxx

Edited at 11:09 PM.
Old 21 May 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Wow what a wonderful day so far and stunning photos.
What a way to get married! Thanks so much for sharing! Looking forward to the next instalment. Xxx
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Wow what an amazing day, you looked absolutely stunning, every thing looked beautiful and some of the details amazing, thank you for sharing xxx
Old 21 May 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
fa$$a
Trying for More Ears

So so beautiful xxxx can't wait for the next part 💜💜💜
fa$$a is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fabulous day Libby, can not wait until the next bit. 😘

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Beautiful.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List