Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Nov 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We had a cruise booked with Cunard on the Queen Mary 2 as a "big number" birthday treat for us both, in April 2022. Sailing to New York and then flight back, I had added 4 nights in NY as an extra add-on with them. We were really excited about it, I paid my £237 deposit last year, and we were happily planning.

Then in July this year I got an email to say our cruise had been cancelled, as they were going to use the ship that year for a round-the-world 3 month long cruise instead, and our deposit could be used as a 125% cruise credit towards something else. As the new cruise was £12k EACH, I declined, but boy did I have trouble getting my money back! I had to complete a form online after hunting for it, then waited ……. and waited ….. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I received another email from them saying my deposit refund request wasn't valid as the ship was still sailing! I emailed them back, they apologised and said it had been sent out in error, and promised to refund me within 2 weeks, and I'm still waiting.
Old 25 Nov 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
We had a cruise booked with Cunard on the Queen Mary 2 as a "big number" birthday treat for us both, in April 2022. Sailing to New York and then flight back, I had added 4 nights in NY as an extra add-on with them. We were really excited about it, I paid my £237 deposit last year, and we were happily planning.

Then in July this year I got an email to say our cruise had been cancelled, as they were going to use the ship that year for a round-the-world 3 month long cruise instead, and our deposit could be used as a 125% cruise credit towards something else. As the new cruise was £12k EACH, I declined, but boy did I have trouble getting my money back! I had to complete a form online after hunting for it, then waited ……. and waited ….. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I received another email from them saying my deposit refund request wasn't valid as the ship was still sailing! I emailed them back, they apologised and said it had been sent out in error, and promised to refund me within 2 weeks, and I'm still waiting.
We had something similar for a big birthday in May this year. We moved to to May 21 and as it’s a 7 day TA I’m hoping this will still go ahead. We are meant to be flying to North Carolina for a week when we disembark and I think that might be the sticking point. We got the 125% credit for the May 20 one which we used to upgrade our cabin on the next one. If it gets cancelled again I think my dh will want to just move again.
I honestly thought when we moved it to may21 there would be no question of going, not so sure now.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We had something similar for a big birthday in May this year. We moved to to May 21 and as it’s a 7 day TA I’m hoping this will still go ahead. We are meant to be flying to North Carolina for a week when we disembark and I think that might be the sticking point. We got the 125% credit for the May 20 one which we used to upgrade our cabin on the next one. If it gets cancelled again I think my dh will want to just move again.
I honestly thought when we moved it to may21 there would be no question of going, not so sure now.
Same here! I have so far moved one cruise 3 times - first from May to December thinking well that will happen, then to March and now to April (not with Disney) as the company have decided to cancel through to April. I feel like I just keep moving it over and over again assuming things will get better soon.
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Well despite everything, we have bit the bullet and booked a Scandinavian cruise with regal princess today going early June, too good to miss, but not going to get too excited incase it doesnt happen
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Well despite everything, we have bit the bullet and booked a Scandinavian cruise with regal princess today going early June, too good to miss, but not going to get too excited incase it doesnt happen
We’re booked on the Regal ‘Land of the Midnight Sun’ cruise mid June and we were only talking this afternoon about adding the 8 day cruise before it. You’re right, it is a good price and only £50 deposit atm.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Our trip we have in May moved from this May has just been cancelled. It’s a TA on Cunard QM2.
I’m actually thankful that they have let us know quickly rather than dragging it out.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We were booked for a baltics cruise in July this year, obviously that didn't happen, so we did a lift and shift to July next year. Chatting to hubby last night with cunard cancelling through to May and some June cruises we feel that next July may be too close to call and are going to be shifting again to July 2022. I am booked for a Christmas markets cruise next December, hopefully that may go ahead.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
We were booked for a baltics cruise in July this year, obviously that didn't happen, so we did a lift and shift to July next year. Chatting to hubby last night with cunard cancelling through to May and some June cruises we feel that next July may be too close to call and are going to be shifting again to July 2022. I am booked for a Christmas markets cruise next December, hopefully that may go ahead.
I've got April and May next year booked with two cruise lines. I'm still hopeful but who knows. Most cruise lines look to be restarting around March currently apart from Cunard so I still haven't given up hope entirely
Old 12 Dec 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I moved our Disney Caribbean cruise from dec 20 (should be going off today and heading to the parks) to dec 21.

I’m now thinking this may be too soon, I fully expect them to be running but at nearly £1k a night I won’t pay full price for even 90% of the experience.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We booked a med cruise for July 2022 so hoping it will be all running ok by then