Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 18 Oct 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie10189
Helping Minnie

Self Catering Wedding Venue in Scotland?

I have trailed the internet and am really struggling to find a self catering wedding venue in Scotland.

Does anyone know of any?

OR

Wedding venues that cater for less than £50 per head.

Me and my partner really don't want to spend $$$$ on our wedding so are happy to DIY. Just can't find a venue.

Thanks all <3
Annie10189 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It will depend on the size but AlexanderHouse near Dunkeld might suit
The only other one I know of was in the borders and has shut this week ho
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Almost any village hall will surely have the option of hiring the hall and doing your own catering. Whereabouts in Scotland?
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

we were at a wedding way up north that allowed BYOB and they used a local caterers but I think the venue hire was relatively expensive. The one we went to was in Aboyne and that was truly lovely but it did involve everyone having an overnight stay because of the location
glentanar/weddings

I must admit it was one of the best weddings I have ever been to but I doubt it was any less expensive for the couple than a hotel catered wedding.

Narrow down what you mean by self catering and what size of wedding venue you would need and locations you are thinking of as that will give you a better idea. If its a small wedding then one of my team got married on Saturday in Aviemore and I know they had hired several lodges up there and had a registrar come along with a family dinner afterwards. They only had 13 at that though. They did have a restaurant dinner but am sure SC would have been possible.
As an aside my DH was an usher at a wedding down in Buckingham where the couple self catered and I spent most of my time in the kitchen as they didn't factor in who would unwrap and plate up the food or even put it on the buffet table. The mother of the groom was the same and the bridesmaids, best men and ushers ended up serving the drinks and clearing tables etc so they actually didnt get to enjoy the day at all. It was a massive undertaking and I had easily underestimated how much work it was and would have been. They also had to stay until everyone had left (being bouncers to clear the place first) as the whole venue needed to be clean and tidy before the let finished. Just make sure when you do go SC you have enough hands to help as the last thing you will be able to do or want to do it that kind of thing on the day.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

Best wedding I ever went to was here gartmorevillagehall...nts/4579655708

Self catered, free bar and van turned up at night with rolls and square sausage!
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List