Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile BA- if holiday is cancelled can I transfer deposit to another booking?

We have booked to go to Florida in February with BA, it was an amazing price with a £300 deposit and nothing else to pay until 3 weeks before.
We are also hoping to go to Florida in May half term, and again BA have some amazing prices at the moment.

My question is if I book and pay a deposit for May and February doesn’t go ahead, can I transfer the £300 deposit directly to the May booking or can the £300 deposit only be used for a brand new booking?

Hope this makes sense! I can’t seem to see anything on the BA website and don’t really want to bother them on the phone for something quite trivial when I’m sure they have bigger queries to answer at the moment.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

This is what the voucher email said this morning :

We have received your voucher request and have cancelled your British Airways Holidays booking accordingly.

You now have €300.00 to use towards a future booking; please visit ba.com when you are ready to re-book and complete payment with a credit or debit card as usual. This email is your voucher, no attachments or codes are required.

If you pay a deposit on your new booking, we will reduce the balance due by the above amount. Alternatively, if your booking is paid in full, we will arrange a refund of the voucher value.

If there is a difference in price from the original booking, any increase is payable by you at the time of re-booking and any decrease is refundable with a further voucher.

Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The short answer is no. Ours was cancelled for September 8th and when I asked the same question, the answer was no. The could either refund or give a voucher, BUT the voucher is only valid towards a new trip not an existing one.
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotts2a View Post
The short answer is no. Ours was cancelled for September 8th and when I asked the same question, the answer was no. The could either refund or give a voucher, BUT the voucher is only valid towards a new trip not an existing one.
Oh that’s really annoying! I suppose I could just ask for a refund though and then put the money towards May 😂 it just seems a long way round to do it!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We added the voucher value to an existing booking, no problem. But only as an additional payment, not a deposit.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
We added the voucher value to an existing booking, no problem. But only as an additional payment, not a deposit.
Oh that’s good! It would be an additional payment as the deposit would already be paid. At the moment I’m not convinced either holiday will even go ahead and it may even be transferred to next October 😂
Thanks for the help and clarification
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wish they'd make their mind up. That's all I wanted to do, add it to my second booking but they said no. They had to refund it for me to then give it them back! Thought it was crazy as I didn't want the money back just to transfer. I must have caught someone on a bad day.
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Wish they'd make their mind up. That's all I wanted to do, add it to my second booking but they said no. They had to refund it for me to then give it them back! Thought it was crazy as I didn't want the money back just to transfer. I must have caught someone on a bad day.
Nope turns out you are right
They wouldn't add it to an existing booking.
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Oh that’s good! It would be an additional payment as the deposit would already be paid. At the moment I’m not convinced either holiday will even go ahead and it may even be transferred to next October 😂
Thanks for the help and clarification
See above, I was wrong
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

I had two fly drive trips booked - one for March 2021 and one for August 2021.

Last week we decided to cancel the March trip as I can’t see it going ahead so requested the BA voucher and when I had an email confirming I could add to this to a new booking I gave them the reference for my August 2021 booking and they’ve confirmed this morning they will apply it as a payment credit.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List