Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 11, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Liz you must be so excited I can't even begin to imagine! You're last single woman Sunday! This week will fly by, you just wait!
Your dress is beautiful and you look lovely without your hair and makeup done so can't even begin to imagine with! You'll be a stunning bride!
And love your table plan too, really nice idea! Love the floral border, really lovely!

Thanks for the pixie dust...praying to get it booked this week without any more fireworks

My dad went to visit my sister today at home. She text me after and said that she didn't know I'd fallen out with dad, really sad. I replied and said he had really upset me and didn't want to tell her as didn't want her to feel upset or torn as she is very close to my dad. She never replied but we have since spoken and she was fine, didn't mention it. I'd love for her to come around and come to the wedding but I can't be sure right now. If she does, it'll be a bonus, if not, then I'm not expecting it so can't be too sad. Best of both worlds!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 11, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

nat seen your post so is it defo orlando for your wedding?

carrie is great!
aww sorry didnt know you had fallen out with your dad, hope its not to bad

x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 11, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hey guys just popping on before bed. My internet is broken and unlikely it will be fixed before I go so just on the phone just now. Liz you look absolutely fab! You look really slim! The dress is very flattering!

Tracy sorry you have had a bad week. You need to just be strong now! You don't want to look back on your wedding day and know if you hadn't made mistakes you could have looked better. Tighten up your diet and get some good solid excersise. If you think the shake will work then do them but stick to it for the rest of the time because chopping and changing diets can sometimes be worse!

Natalie sounds like you had a good day of Disney. hope you have lost tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing your results. You've had a stressful week remember so that can sometimes stunt weight loss!

Right, off to bed as I am shattered!
Old 5 Jun 11, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

hello! Sorry i've been AWOL i've been busy packing up this stupid flat! Had a last party in the flat on friday, got extremely drunk and ate far too many naughties! So much so that i'd put 5lbs on Saturday morning :nono: hoping that'll have gone by 2moz, i am expecting a gain though! My food has been pretty rubbish since that point cause we've packed all the pots and pans away doh! So gonna be pants this week too, could really be doing with out it as im feeling really fat! Was trying on new holiday stuff for my mum today and my bikini was awful on felt like a beached whale, am gonna look like one too, my only saving grace is that its only the family thats gonna see me rather than the general public! Got one day at work and the a second attempt at going to Stratford on Tuesday, could be doing without this week but what can i do! So away until late wednesday night and we get the keys first thing thursday morning!All go go!

Nats, glad your sister is aware of the situation, not to sound patronizing but she propbably will "be on your side" more that you hadn't mentioned and b**tched about your dad to her, shown your really mature! Was reading through your post and all i can say is i could written that word for word. I feel bigger now than i ever did at 13st 5lbs (my heaviest) i wont wear anything that doesn't have a sleeve on my arm as i feel they are huge , gonna have to get over this pretty quick as ive bought two boob tube playsuits for holidays. I feel my stomach is huge, got a double chin and generally hate the way i look! I wont wear short skirts cause i have bug thunder thighs. I own one tight fitting dress and got that for my bday though i looked quite nice and then saw the pics and thought i looked huge!I want to be skinny so bad but cant stop myself eating rubbish, catch 22 eh? I am at the stage where i actually hate dieting and hate being the one at work who is constantly on a diet! Nehoo...dont know where that came from!

Amy i'm so excited for you not long to go! Have a great time dear, i know you will!
Rach glad you had a great time with wee jacob and so glad it stayed dry for his little party!

Liz, oh my goodness you look absolutley stunning honey! I actually started crying when i seen you, ross is looking at me as if i have two head, MEN! Oops didn't mean to post there! Liz you look so beautiful in the picture i cant imagine you looking anymore stunning, cant wait for the offical pics now! Your table is gorgeous, so vintage looking, well done you!

Right i'm off to pack some more, boo!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 11, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

hi kim, i feel exactly the same becuase i have been dieting for a year i am just fed up so il eat healthy for 2days then go awol and eat crap!
ineed to snap out of it as like you i hate my arms and my stomache is just huge, as i have lost loads of weight everywhere except my stomache. someone said to me sat am i pregnant! i was so upset about it as my stomache is big and flabby i hate it, well thats what having kids has done to me lol
my sister has been so lucky she got 2 stretch marks on her bum and no where else! so jelous lol

good luck with the packing xx
Old 6 Jun 11, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Grr deleted post, that never happens to me normally. So annoying as typed an individual response to everyone!

In short, I lost 1lb.

Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments about my dress and table plan. You're all so kind. Have actually bought a corset to wear that will take my waist to 28inches, but I don't know how comfy it will be till it gets here. Was in the sale, got it massively cheap, so thought why not, as can wear it under other things. As you can see my belly button, where my stomach isn't completely flat. Going to try wearing a body, but also try the corset.

Rach - hope you're okay after the comment, it's horrible isn't it? Inconsiderate people. It could have been the clothes you were wearing. I've had it happen twice.

Nat - I agree with Kim that you come over as that mature one here, who hasn't been discussing it with third parties. I really hope she makes it to your wedding. Even if she is close to him, I'm sure she wouldn't want to not see you marry. Is she younger/older?

Amy - when exactly do you go? I get just too excited when it's that close. You're going to have an amazing time just you two.

Kim - aww you brought a tear to my eye saying that. Thank you.
Now then, what are you doing with this diet! I know what you mean about being the one constantly on a diet, bu I don't think it's that that is bothering you. Without being unkind, you're not really on a diet, as you haven't been dieting much this week, so I suspect it's the not losing that is more of a problem.
You start the week thinking you're dieting/restricting yourself and you're the only one at work doing that, so you feel fed up and then, because you go off the rails at the end of the week, you don't lose and that makes you feel even worse.
The only way that diets are something we can cope with, is if we lose, because that's the motivation.
I do think it's hard when you have things going on at home, I really do. However, look how unhappy it's making you hun. If you're like me, your emotions are tied to your weight.
The difficulty is when you give in (like Friday for you), it's hard to get focused then and drink makes you want to eat the next day.
Have you tried the Paul McKenna, I can make you Slim book and CD? I used to listen to it every night and found it did help me. Put it on my ipod whilst falling asleep.
You will get there, but I just don't want you to wait until it's close to the wedding, as there are plenty of other things to stress about. xx

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 11, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks ladies
Just a quickie post, will respond more about my body shape feelings and sister/dad later as I'm at work

Just wanted to post:
1. lost 2lbs!
2. scales said 12st12.5lbs
3. no longer obese, BMI scale says overweight!

So all in all very happy

Did no running at all last week, had a rest as my ankle was very sore and body just felt very tired, feel miles better for it, and lost the same! Humphhhh, just shows how useless it all is in achieving my goals!
Matt wants to go tonight and it's raining and cold here and I just want to wear my pjs!

On a brighter note, hoping to book the wedding this week (but need to try and speak to dad before, mum's request) and Matt's going to buy his suit too if Debenhams sale has any in! Hoorah!

Will check in later!

But Liz, well done with 1lb loss, it's still a loss!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 11, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Aw well done you two! Nats what a great achievement!

I've not got alot of time so just quickly posting and hoping you all miss it that i gained 4lbs, at least it wasn't the 5lbs that i had gained on Saturday morning!

Right off to work will catch up 2night! xxx
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 11, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Girls,

Liz - you look stunning in your dress! I cant wait to see the official photos! YOur table plan is gorgeous too - how did you make it? Cant believe its so soon! I would be mega excited now!

Kim - Im the same, getting totally fed up with dieting now but i'm just trying to tell myself that I'm no longer on a diet and im just changing to a healthy lifestyle that I can sustain... hopefully!

Nat - so pleased with your 2lb loss and you being in the 12s! How good is it to say you are just over weight now! lol
It is so annoying though i think when you loose the same weight with no excerise! I'm just telling myself that I'm trying to tone and get rid of the excess skin rather than just the weight! Still hard though when all I want to do is curl up on the couch!

As for me... i have gained a pound today :o(

I had a chinese on Saturday however this was planned as a treat and i thought it would be ok as I had been good all week but obviously not. I did have some chocs and a few vodkas but thats all and I went a 5 mile walk/run yesterday to try and burn it off but obviosuly didnt work. I spent ages yesterday looking at different diet and shakes etc but I have decided any diet will be the same if i eat rubbish so im just gona stick with SW and eat healthy with no treats this week and see how i get on! x
Old 6 Jun 11, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Good plan Yvonne, like I've said before with SW it can get completely thrown with syns/treats but you know that sticking religiously to it works as you've done it! Keep going!

Yes, this 'being on a constant diet' feeling sucks. It really does. I feel like I have such a long way to go still but I have come a long way and I'm hoping that I can have some consistently good results. I have a week off in 2 weeks which I know will be not good but I am going to be as good as I can though equally with no holibobs this year it will be nice to have a couple of treats, just not going crazy.
We all have lost, it's not like any of us are in a worse position than we were when we started, and I think this feeling that we all feel on days like this should be what we think of when we order that Dominos, Chinese etc as it will only take longer! If we slip, we ruin a week's hard work, struggle to get motivation back etc so it's more rewarding to just soldier on and enjoy our treats when we get to goal, in moderation of course! My goal weight is 10st10lbs and it will be amazing when I get there. My losses aren't huge but they are losses all the same and after a plateau of so long I am really pleased, and it can keep coming off at 2lbs per week if it wants, I don't feel deprived and am eating well and that's important for me. Whereas for Kel , for instance, I know that she'd rather not eat anything bad and get it off quicker. I guess everyone works differently. I also think it's important to not keep chopping and changing as we are not teaching our bodies anything. It's not sustainable. Your mentality needs to know that you are following x plan and you will be til it's done, give it a fair chance and you know that if you've had a bad week, you can't blame the diet! I didn't want to try shakes, but I am so glad I did as I know I'd still be stuck in a rut whereas I've lost 6lbs since I started them and I will keep going all the time it's still working. And I know that I could improve my evening meals should the losses slow down.

It is pants, I agree Yvonne, that I can run 15k in a week and lose no more than I lost last week when I sat on my botty. Yes, we could say we're toning and getting generally fit but it doesn't make me feel any better! The key to losing weight, so they say, is eat less and move more, but why should I bother moving more if it won't help me?! Matt's adament that we are going for a run tonight. I might stamp on his feet so he can't move. Lol

With regards to body shape, I'm glad it's not just me. It's such a strange feeling! I definitely look better but I think what this diet has done is make me more aware of others' problem areas and I am so led by peer pressure that I feel like I should have the same concerns. I shouldn't have though as I am not massively wobbly anywhere, I can definitely wear a bikini now, that's for sure, but I would like to look nicer in it but that's just abdo work which will be my winter focus and I know me and Matt could do that together by passing a ball between us so that'll be fun! I thought earlier maybe it's because all my clothes have been too big for me recently so maybe it's taking time for me to feel comfortable in them being tighter again! I don't know!

I too hope my sister supports the decision to have the wedding abroad. I'd love for her to be there but am not counting on it as she is going to Florida in November and don't know if she will be able to afford another trip. She probably could but it's whether she is determined enough to do it. I realy hope we can book this week but my mum has asked me to be sure that I speak to my dad before booking although I am going to stick to my guns as it's just not fair to make it change any more. Not only that but I don't want him money any more if he thinks he can call the shots. It's just such a shame that our special day can drive such a wedge between us as it's so unjustified!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Closed Thread