Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Feb 07, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
It was drizzling a little by now, so jackets on for the walk over to the Boardwalk for our 7pm ADR at Spoodles. First impressions were good, nice waiting area:

We were seated within five minutes, it did not seem that busy here, even walk ups were only waiting around 20 minutes and at no point would we have said that it was busy - many tables not in use. Spoodles is all open plan, including the kitchen area- you would think that would make it noisy, but Tin says that all the clutter on the ceiling prevents that? Picture is very dark, but they have hanging models, planes, bicycles etc all over the ceiling :

Our server was Lynne and she pointed out what we were entitled to on the DDP, we knew but it would be helpful to newbies at it. Tin had a beer and me an iced water. We were given some lovely bread and olive oil tapenade to start with, divine (mind you I could happily live off all the bread offerings we were given throughout our stay):

Appetisers: I had the Grilled Lamb Kebob with harissa and chick pea salad:

The lamb (even though it was pinker than I'd normally like) was absolutely delicious as was the harissa (a bit more would have been better) - the chick peas were ok but a but bland and too many of them.

Tin had the Garlic Shrimp with preserved lemon and parsley:

He said that it was the tastiest shrimp he's had yet.

For entreés, I had the Rigatoni with mild Italian sausage, tomatoes and portobello mushrooms:

This was fine, piping hot which made a nice change; but the sauce was very creamy (I much prefer tomatoey sauces with a chilli kick) there were no mushrooms and of the three pasta dishes I have had so far - NBA Cafe was the best by a long way!
I had a lovely fruity red wine with mine (similar to a Valpolicella).

Tin had the Oak-grilled Salmon with ratatouille and fragrant basmati rice:

He loved the salmon but was not keen on the rest (not a fan of veggies generally lol). His wine pairing was a Pinot Noir which he said was excellent.

For dessert, we both opted for the home-made gelato. Today it was Almond with cherries and Amoretto syrup, with almond nut brittle. Absolutely fantastic, to die for! In his meal marking, Tin gave it 12 out of 10!

I then had a coffee and Tin an espresso. We enjoyed this meal on the whole and the service was good, but (you knew that was coming didn't you?), we both felt very rushed throughout. Our starters were brought immediately, cleared away instantly and then the main courses arrived as we were literally wiping away the crumbs. We were not being singled out, we saw it at other tables too, the thing is - it was nowhere near as busy as many other places we had eaten at? This was one of only two places where the server asked for our DDP card to do the check, as she brought the desserts! We noticed this trip that coffee is brought alongside desserts too, instead of after - is this normal for WDW restaurants, or just because it was Xmas?

Anyway, back to the Yacht Club. nice slow saunter along the Boardwalk, back into the Crew's Cup lounge for one, another decoration snapped along the way:

I had a Cosmopolitan (wanted to try one ever since I overheard someone else asking for one lol) - vodka, triple sec, lime juice and ? . It was nice, very alcoholic but a bit 'sharp' for me. Back in room for 9.45 and bed at 10.30.

I had nightmares and was awake on and off all night - blamed it on the Cosmopolitan - that'll teach me!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent ~ Thanx for sharing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List