Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Feb 07, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
We slowly walked around the lake, it was quite humid, but the atmosphere was very pleasant. Epcot did not seem overly busy but there were still many more people than we were used to.
Reported at Le Cellier at 6.45pm - we saw two parties of four and one couple being turned away as we arrived. Thank goodness for ADR's. We were called in less than 5 minutes - we were told that inside the restaurant, the areas are divided into Canadian territories and we were in the Yukon. For that read restroom area! Not best pleased at being placed right next door to the toilets, but there were no other free tables so we just got on with it. First impressions were that it was VERY overcrowded in there. In our small area there were three two-seater tables and we were almost rubbing elbows with our neighbours. This was not fun when the server needed to get in - her butt being level with Tin's elbows as he was trying to eat. At least we were not in the middle of the three tables.
Our server was called Kelsey and she could talk forever, but she was friendly and efficient. She made some recommendations and went to get our first drinks. Iced water for me and a Canadian Unibroue called Trois Pistoles for Tin - he said this was similar to German wheat beers, dark, sweet and wheaty! Very nice, but could not drink more than one:

She also brought us the breadsticks, pretzel, sourdough and multigrain:

These were yummy as you can see lol. But why does all the butter over there taste of nothing?

For out appetiser, we both chose the much recommended Cheddar Cheese Soup with Applewood Smoked Bacon and Moosehead Beer:

This was very, very yummy and just the right portion size, any more would have been a meal in itself. Tin rated it 9 out of 10 and me slightly higher. Certainly I enjoyed it as much, if not more than any other appetiser I had.

Whilst we were in between courses, our neighbours had their entreés brought to their table and they were not even halfway through their appetisers! They were not the only ones we saw and not one person complained? Heaven help them if they had done that to us!

Entreés: Tin had the Herb Crusted Prime Rib steak with Yukon Gold roast potatoes and veal demi-glace (is that gravy lol). Well done please:

and I had the 14oz New York Strip with same potatoes, sauteéd leeks and frisee. Again, well done please:

Well they looked lovely, but both of these steaks were nowhere near well done. They were red and/or bloody BUT we both found we could eat them and could not be bothered to complain. Also, in my case it was "hunt the leeks" - can you see any? As for "potatoes", that was a bit of a joke too - what is it with North American restaurants and vegetables?
We both had the wine pairings with our meals, a Merlot for me and a Mission Hill Syrah (Shiraz) for Tin which were very nice.

The servers were very busy slinging dessert menus out quickly. We both ordered espresso as our soft drink option and I had the Mandarin and Cherry Sorbet with a Honeycomb Crisp:

The flavours of this were fabulous, but despite their rushing, the cherry one was nearly liquid when it arrived which spoilt it for me slightly.

Tin had the Whiskey Chocolate on Chocolate cake with ? Tarragon Anglaise (sort of creamy custard):

He said this was delicious and light.

Kelsey spoil our evening somewhat by rushing us and asking for our DDP card as we were enjoying our desserts! They seemed to be rushing every table we could see, which could make for huge sales of Rennies!
All in all we thought Le Cellier was pretty good, the food mostly excellent (especially if the steaks had been cooked a bit more) but we did feel crowded and rushed all meal. Be prepared for this if you choose to eat there.

Full and tired, we were out of the restaurant for 8pm!
We decided not to stay for Illuminations- Epcot was by now very busy. Also, we had seen it every night and once from the VIP spot.
So back to our room and took it in from our balcony, one last time.

Bed at 11pm

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Shame it's become sooo rushed and overcrowded here Sue.
Would you go back?

We haven't been for years.
I've read somewhere that the veggie option has changed to something Paul might fancy, so I'm thinking we might give it another go - an early lunch to avoid the crowds perhaps?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Thanks for the report. It seems that a lot of people are feeling rushed here.
We are going to try it in Sept but we opted for a 4.00pm dinner so i am hoping it won't be too busy then.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm looking forward to this next year though I'm getting concerned at the number of people who are say they're feeling rushed
Old 26 Apr 07, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great report .. and have to say the same about packing them in.. as I said in another post our server told us that the 'boss' (cant remember the exact term) overbooks to take into consideration no shows, but everyone seems to turn up she said. I think maybe it would be better if they just changed to the credit card booking due to its popularity ..

Our meal was ok but nothing spectacular

and Sue I guess it depends on when you go as when I tried to book an ADR there was nothing for evening and only one available slot left for lunch in my whole two weeks! luckily Clare sorted me out with a table for three that they had double booked

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

One adr left - in two weeks!
It's getting silly isn't it?
Guess better get on the phone and try and make one anyway then Shelly
Old 3 May 07, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the report, shame that you were being rushed - it's just so rude!
Old 3 May 07, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thanks for the tip Sue , i will make sure they do not rush us !
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanx for the report ~ What a pity you were rushed.
Old 6 Jul 07, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List