Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 11, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

It looks great - we are staying there for one night for easy walking access to EPCOT (drinking around the world), could you tell me how long it takes to walk there? Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 11, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
tyke
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
It looks great - we are staying there for one night for easy walking access to EPCOT (drinking around the world), could you tell me how long it takes to walk there? Thanks
"Drinking around the World"... what a great idea

We are staying here for a couple of nights at the start of the trip and have been informed that it's a 10-15 minute stroll from the Dolphin via the Beach Club or Boardwalk to the International Gateway (back door) of EPCOT.

...although it may be a bit of a longer stagger back ! (better take the boat)
tyke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 11, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tyke
Proud to wear my Ears

We have booked a 'standard' room for our 2 night stay at the Dolphin in a couple of weeks... what are the chances of requesting (and getting) a room with a view of Disney.

Which part of the hotel should I be requesting for the rooms with the best view?

What is the best method of contacting the hotel to submit our room request?

thanks
tyke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 11, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

We requested a room with a view of EPCOT fireworks which we can watch whilst getting ready for a night out in CityWalk
Old 1 Jun 11, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jam jar
Imagineer

jam jar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
We walk to the park gate in around 7 mins. Its about 5 mins from the Swan

Hi, I'm Jaimie, but my friends call me JAM
28 trips and counting!
"Your cadaverous parlour, betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"
jam jar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 11, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tyke View Post
We have booked a 'standard' room for our 2 night stay at the Dolphin in a couple of weeks... what are the chances of requesting (and getting) a room with a view of Disney.

Which part of the hotel should I be requesting for the rooms with the best view?

What is the best method of contacting the hotel to submit our room request?

thanks
I'm curious what to ask for as well, I'm there in four weeks in a standard room... I was going to ask for "a nice room, medium floor, with balcony, with an epcot or boardwalk view.".. is that a bit ambitious when I've just paid for a standard room ?... thanks
Old 2 Jun 11, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
can u use the DDP at this hotel? Doesn't the resort fee add up as well? We go for 3 weeks and have worked it out at around an extra $300!
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 11, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
You can request rooms but views and balconies are normally bookable in advance. Join their Starwood scheme and you might have more luck.

No you cannot use DDP at this hotel BUT the money you save on the cost more than makes up for it and it has some of the best restaurants and "fast food" on property.

Walks are about 10 mins to Epcot and about 15 to Hollywood Studios but again, if you factor in the walk to a bus stop, the wait at that bus stop and then the journey its self its very quick. Its wonderfull going for a stroll in the morning sun too. Oh and when you leave on a busy night (like Xmas and New Year) there is nothing better than walking past all the transport queues and simply walking back to your room

We LOVE the Dolphin and will choose it over all the Disney hotels for our next trip...whenever that might be.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 11, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

We first stayed at the Swan in 2005 I think, and got a corner, two aspect room overlooking the bridge to Boardwalk, and with a fireworks view. That was a great room, but I think this was before they introduced the different rates for different views.

We've been back several times to Swan or Dolphin since, only paying for a standard room, but often got upgraded one level (either a better view or a balcony) with the Starwood membership. Never had a room like the first one though.

Going back to the Dolphin at Xmas, and I am now Starwood gold, so I wonder if that will make any difference?

Edited at 04:00 PM.
Old 2 Jun 11, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

looks lovely..thanks..we are thinking of staying here for a couple of nights
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread

Tags
dolphin resort, swan and dolphin