Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Jun 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Irish family of 6 offsite and first Orlando holiday

So we are a family of 6 on our first ever trip to Orlando.ive read so many amazing reports on here that I’m going to try and do a trip report that someone might find some use of.this will be my first time to try this so try and have patience with me.
We are me 39 and sole holiday planner.dp 38,ds 16,dd 13,ds 9 and dd 7.i will try from today on and take some photos as I go if I think of it .we are staying in a villa in Kissimmee (which is fab )so will be mainly eating offsite.im going to attempt to try and not waffle on too much and just stick to the food bits .so here we go ..hopefully won’t bore too many.will try and post day by day to the thread where I can .
roisin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds great, love a bit of offsite and the more waffle the better as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for your report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Sounds great, love a bit of offsite and the more waffle the better as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait for your report
I’ve just completely waffled on in that first one 🙈awake at 4.30 🤣will try and do better today and take some photos if I can !thanks for the encouragement x
Old 15 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
roisin
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Day 1 -travel day dublin via gatwick to mco.
flight out of Dublin with aer lingus at 8.40 am.parked and in the airport and checked bags straight through to Orlando by 7am.got through security and decided that we better just get something quick at Burger King as we didn’t have that much time before our flight..this was our first mistake ..it was horrible..🙈4 adult meals and 2 kids meals was €46 worth of muck..now I can’t even understand why we went in the first place as I don’t normally like Burger King as a rule but it was just there and empty (obviously for a reason ).anyhow dp ate most of everything as he is something of a bin and will eat everything regardless of if he likes it or not .so things can only improve from this point on.flight to gatwick was on time and nice seats at front of plane .straight on to monorail to north terminal for our virgin flight which was due to leave at 1pm.went in to wh smiths and picked up a few plain ham sandwich meal dead for the smallies cos I knew they wouldn’t eat the food on the plane (they also had a stash of junk food in their back packs from the euro shop )think the two meal deals were about £9.40.boarded at 12.15 but we didn’t actually leave til about 1.40pm .plane food was actually fairly nice ..I had the pesto penne and the others had the chicken and mushroom sauce ..all edible .had the fab ice lollies and the afternoon tea was yum ..a small seeded roll with pesto and buffalo mozzarella.i love pesto so no complaints from me ..the little scones with cream and jam were yum too .kids made bits of the entire backpack of crap over the course of the flight 🙈ah well we r on holidays ..so we landed on time at 17.20pm and were off the plane and in the car by 6.30pm..no queue at all at immigration and bags were there waiting for us ..had done the skip the counter with Alamo and got the car (full size white Ford Expedition which I now want to bring home !)so I was so happy with this as I thought we could be hours in immigration..completely stress free experience!drove to villa and dropped all our stuff and headed to the super Walmart 5 mins away to get some bits for the villa ..now we plan on making packed lunches and bringing snacks to the parks so we just got the basics and still left $104 there which is grand for a few days worth of lunches and cases of water drinks and snacks etc..oh and we also bought a large cooler for the boot of the car to keep stuff cold so not bad really ..it was 8.30pm at this stage so we just headed in to the chick fill a place in the walmart car park for something quick ..this was actually really tasty and there was nothing left ..4 adult meals and 2 kids meals came to $44 so cheap and cheerful..the chicken sandwich was really lovey and the lemonade .home to bed then as everyone was getting really tired so put the shopping away and bed .now I realise I’ve waffled on way too much here and most of it is not food related so will do better with today’s one and try and keep it short .
Totals for today
Burger King €45
Wh smith £9.40
Walmart $106
Chick fil A $44...so I’m calling this about $200.
Old 15 Jun 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for sharing
Look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip 😁

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you, will follow. Love the 3 currencies in one day.😀 Enjoy your 1st day tomorrow!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope you have a fab trip. Looking forward to the updates.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That was a great stress free first day. I agree, the Burger King in T2 is pretty much hit and miss. Straight through immigration on MCO is a blessing in itself.
Looking forward to reading more updates in the days ahead.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great start x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
have a great holiday
we go next week