Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 May 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by jmagla View Post
Sent Disney an email last night expressing disappointment and seeking options. Just received reply, need to ring up.. Will do so now and seek deposit refund, which I believe they have refused others, so should be interesting...
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you email? I emailed last night too and heard nothing yet. If they ask me to call I can see us going around in circles
Old 9 May 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
That's not what they told me. I spoke to them earlier and was told they'd been made aware and were discussing today. She also said I would be contacted by start of next week at the latest.

Seems yet again VH don't have their story straight.
Honestly, I don't think they've had time to - between CBR, SSR & OKW and now this Disney keep throwing them for a loop - and if the "VH not knowing anything" post was based on my info, I called last night so they may have updated since then.

I don't think this one's on VH tbh, they were very careful to mention the building work on CBR when I was looking at options to book ... we'll have to wait and see whether they have an adequate response to Disney's screw up though
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dan Horrocks View Post
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you email? I emailed last night too and heard nothing yet. If they ask me to call I can see us going around in circles
Emailed them at 18:30 yesterday, I suspect they don't want to put anything in writing.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

I agree VH May have been informed that does not mean they have told everyone picking up the phone to customers it’s still very early in the “process “ I don’t blame VH.

(I was told they don’t know anything at 09.30 this morning)

I think I will be cancelling, I have paid £11000 for 3 weeks and a cruise but Iam not paying that kind of money for a building site, no chance !

Let’s hope VH refund deposits.

Edited at 10:25 AM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smudge93 View Post
Honestly, I don't think they've had time to - between CBR, SSR & OKW and now this Disney keep throwing them for a loop - and if the "VH not knowing anything" post was based on my info, I called last night so they may have updated since then.

I don't think this one's on VH tbh, they were very careful to mention the building work on CBR when I was looking at options to book ... we'll have to wait and see whether they have an adequate response to Disney's screw up though
Agreed. If VH have only just been told, then they will need time to investigate. I'm more mad with Disney for doing work when we're there. I'm waiting to hear from VH later this week to see what the options are. TBH I'm not expecting much, if anything. No doubt it'll be that the work is only in one area, there are other pools available, etc. I don't even know where else I would consider if they offered a change of hotel.

Just very disappointing that we've go way over our usual hotel budget to make this a special holiday and then find out this is going to be happening.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Well, just got off the phone, similar to other people's experience I guess. The two options I was given was the Grand Floridian garden room at a cost of £8,141 or club level in other resorts at an even higher price. I asked about cancelling and deposit refunded, he said they don't do compensation, I said refunding deposit due to Disney in effect not providing me with what I booked isn't compensation!

To be fair, his hands are tied, as he said, they have been told in no uncertain terms, no deposit refunds and no compensation.

I haven't cancelled yet as I'm going to bide my time and see if their approach changes, and they refund deposits etc.

Awful attitude from Disney which has genuinely taken me by surprise and must be doing untold damage to their reputation, but as others have said, they know demand will continue, looks like their attitude is - so what, what you going to do about it, pay more or cancel, we don't care either way
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Well, just got off the phone, similar to other people's experience I guess. The two options I was given was the Grand Floridian garden room at a cost of £8,141 or club level in other resorts at an even higher price. I asked about cancelling and deposit refunded, he said they don't do compensation, I said refunding deposit due to Disney in effect not providing me with what I booked isn't compensation!

To be fair, his hands are tied, as he said, they have been told in no uncertain terms, no deposit refunds and no compensation.

I haven't cancelled yet as I'm going to bide my time and see if their approach changes, and they refund deposits etc.

Awful attitude from Disney which has genuinely taken me by surprise and must be doing untold damage to their reputation, but as others have said, they know demand will continue, looks like their attitude is - so what, what you going to do about it, pay more or cancel, we don't care either way
This is just shocking isn't it? I'm so stunned at their attitude as it's not at all what you expect considering the level of service they provide in the parks.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

£8k upgrade? Jeez! It doesn't bode well for those of us that have booked with a TA if Disney themselves are being this stubborn.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
£8k upgrade? Jeez! It doesn't bode well for those of us that have booked with a TA if Disney themselves are being this stubborn.
The interesting thing is, I've checked the Disney website and there are non club rooms available at the Beach Club, Boardwalk ETC for our dates at a much cheaper price than the GF, somewhat surprising they weren't given as an option... He just mentioned the GF.
Old 9 May 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

This was my experience yesterday as well - except they did offer me POR which was then not available within minutes and CBR - also a building site but they argued at least it was not the pool being renovated and I would still be charged a £50 amendment fee.

I can not believe their attitude. I have e-mailed a complaint over but will probably get no where. In the meantime I guess i need to decide whether its AKL or CBR for us!

The pool is such a major part of our holidays, after a long day in the parks my kids loving a dip in the pool & after all this planning and saving I just wanted it to be perfect.

Hoping we all get a resolution we are happy with.
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List