Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 May 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Carys-
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Ahh right. Seems a long time just to re-do the pool!
Carys- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

I think the least they can do is offer people their deposits back as a gesture of good will . Really surprised they are not prepared to do that to be honest .
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
I have decided Iam cancelling even if I lose my £1100 deposit.
I am not giving them another £9000 to stay on a building site.
I'd maybe hang fire on that for a day or two - looks like VH (I think from earlier posts this is who you've booked with) have pulled AKL from the website.

I only say this as I've been checking my dates obsessively all day (7th - 21st Nov) and this is the first time that AKL hasn't appeared, so maybe wait and see what their up to first? You never know the may pull something out of the bag?

... Or at least that's what I'm hoping!
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I’ll wait to see what they offer but if Disney are not offering anything I don’t think virgin will.

So worst case is loss of £1100.
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Gezzs, have you asked VH to look at other availability for you elsewhere or were you just told to hang fire - I wonder what they can do internally?
The agent was just as surprised as me. She went away for a good few minutes then came back after she'd spoken to their Disney team. She said they'd been told at the same time that the email had gone to WDTC customers, so they needed time to evaluate the situation and notify everyone - by early next week.

I'm not expecting much now, given the direct Disney customers are getting told to pay for upgrades or put up with it. VH will likely adopt the same stance, but by next week there will be less availability at other resorts. I'm already looking at our planned 'hotel' days with a view to going to a waterpark or theme park. I'm not cancelling as I've put way too much effort into planning, plus there's the deposit, KTTK tour, MNSSHP - all these things add up and are non-refundable. Just really disappointed.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Sorry to disappoint, I’ve just booked AKL TODAY with VH. Yes they knew about refurb but plenty of room choice to be had. I booked savannah view x2
Yeah it was showing as available up until 4.30pm today for me- when I got home at 6 all availability had suddenly vanished!
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan Horrocks
Getting Excited

Sounds like nobody has been offered any move or compensation other than a downgrade to a less expensive hotel then?

I got a reply to my complaint email repeating what we've all heard over the phone - No compensation, no resort moves - use the other pool at Kidani Village. It looks like a copy and paste with a couple of additions to include that I also complained over the phone.

It seems Disney isn't budging on this one! Still unsure what to do - we can move, but the longer we leave it the less availability there will be I imagine.
Old 9 May 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes I asked them to look for me £259 more fit CBR ! They told Me only 3 hotels available for my dates the she hung up on me!
Rang back was told best thing is to wait.
The cheek - I’m not paying more for a downgrade!
Old 9 May 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have decided Iam cancelling even if I lose my £1100 deposit.
I am not giving them another £9000 to stay on a building site.
Good for you! I don’t think you should lose your deposit though - Disney should so refund under circumstances
Old 9 May 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
The agent was just as surprised as me. She went away for a good few minutes then came back after she'd spoken to their Disney team. She said they'd been told at the same time that the email had gone to WDTC customers, so they needed time to evaluate the situation and notify everyone - by early next week.

I'm not expecting much now, given the direct Disney customers are getting told to pay for upgrades or put up with it. VH will likely adopt the same stance, but by next week there will be less availability at other resorts. I'm already looking at our planned 'hotel' days with a view to going to a waterpark or theme park. I'm not cancelling as I've put way too much effort into planning, plus there's the deposit, KTTK tour, MNSSHP - all these things add up and are non-refundable. Just really disappointed.
I’m exactly the same - they have me well and truly over the barrel!