Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Mobile Packing Cubes?

Morning everyone. Please forgive me if this thread makes me seem totally dim but is there anybody who can talk me through packing cubes please. What exactly are they, what do you do with them or use them, what are the pros, are there any cons and who usually uses them.

After many trips to florida we are off on our first West Coast road trip for 23 nights and I've seen cubes mentioned many times before but never really known anything about them.

Also, what do people do about laundry when on a road trip as the wife has now found something else to start worrying about whether she's got enough tops, dresses, underwear etc so please, somebody help so I can put her mind at rest😀😀
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi some will rave about them ,not us. As for your wife's clothes , get her to put all out on the bed and then put half away and she will still have plenty. There will be somewhere you stay to do a quick wash. We generally take enough for a week .
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Packing cubes help you divide up your clothing and help condense things down. We invested in some a couple of years ago and love them. We find its a quick way to grab a few things out of the case without taking everything out. I also find the clothes don't crease as bad. People sort things in different ways; some by person, some by destination, whatever works for you.

As for laundry we try and make sure some of our hotels have a self service laundry so we can wash a few things as we go and don't need to pack as much. If your's doesn't have one there are local laundrettes in most places that you could use.
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi. We use them on road trips and just carry one cube for clothes and one for toiletries in with us, then leave suitcase locked in the boot. We done alot of one night stays last year and they were brilliant. We definately will use again in december.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Never found them of any use personally and we do lots of short stops. They encourage packing too much if anything.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

They're not for everyone but we personally love them. Each of our family uses a different colour so we know who's clothes are where. More than anything they help me get organised when I start to pack. When they are filled they can be moved around from suitcase to suitcase etc without unfolding/creasing clothes. I'm a fussy packer
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Having done a couple of 2-week road trips in the past couple of years I can safely say I will never go anywhere without them again!

They kept our clothes organised, and neatly folded and un-creased over the entire 2 weeks. Just roll them into the cubes and they'll stay tidy. When you get to a hotel just take the cube out of the suitcase and then just sling them back in again when you leave.

We had colour-coded ones for each person.

There's no way our clothes would have stayed neat after even a couple of days without them.
Old 2 Jul 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jontybfc
VIP Dibber

jontybfc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you don’t mind me asking a question on your thread.

We’re using cubes for the first time on our California road trip. I can’t decide how to use them. Do we pack a cube for each stop and then refill as we go along or pack cubes for each of us (family of 3). Any suggestions, tips?
jontybfc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Packing cubes help you divide up your clothing and help condense things down. We invested in some a couple of years ago and love them. We find its a quick way to grab a few things out of the case without taking everything out. I also find the clothes don't crease as bad. People sort things in different ways; some by person, some by destination, whatever works for you.

As for laundry we try and make sure some of our hotels have a self service laundry so we can wash a few things as we go and don't need to pack as much. If your's doesn't have one there are local laundrettes in most places that you could use.

I'm still undecided about them but do you mind if I ask where you got them from and how much they were roughly?

We tend to take a suitcase each as we buy a lot of clothes, trainers, boots etc so always come back with a lot more than we went with so what do you do - have a set of cubes each or something?
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fatblokeflorida View Post
I'm still undecided about them but do you mind if I ask where you got them from and how much they were roughly?

We tend to take a suitcase each as we buy a lot of clothes, trainers, boots etc so always come back with a lot more than we went with so what do you do - have a set of cubes each or something?
I got mine from Amazon. I went with the ebags ones after reading a lot of reviews. These ones also were the same width as my cases so I can fit four of the medium ones per case plus a bit of spare room for other things. They are also mesh tops so I can see roughly whats in them. Personally I pack by destination so as I can just leave some of the ones untouched. I always like to put a mixture of each persons clothes in each case after my sister in laws case went missing one year. I have 9 cubes all together for our family of 3. This fit most stuff in excluding hoodies, shoes & toiletries.
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List