Old 25 Aug 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
One week trip at two weeks notice - Day 2

Day 2 - 26th May 2018

I have not made any notes for today, so it could be quite short. I’m going from photos and hopefully this will jog my memory!

Today was the first full day and I seem to remember we were all awake around 6, I’d been awake on and off since 5 as is usual for the first morning. The girls ate cereal which we’d picked up last night and me and Dave had a yogurt with fruit and granola, this was tasty but the yogurt was so thick it was hard to eat much of it.

We were on our way soon after at around 7:20 and following Satnav, took a back route into Disney, we entered Disney property at 7:30,
it was still a while before we got to the parks though.

I liked the new (to us) bag check at the transportation and ticketing centre rather than at the park entrance, although I did notice that the bag checks were much more thorough this year.

We took the monorail in and as we only had vouchers, needed to go and pick up our tickets, I’m not certain whether we actually needed to do this or whether we could have used our old magic bands, but the queue wasn’t too long and we were finally into Magic Kingdom at 8:20.

We went up to the train station to get some view down Main Street photos.

If you look in the bottom left, you will spot fellow dibbers Stewboy and family!

Before heading to our first attraction, which Niamh had requested be Peter Pan as this is the show she was rehearsing for in school at the time. We joined the queue with a 35 min wait which was pretty accurate. Niamh took a lot of photos in the queue here to send to her friends. When we exited, we went on it’s a small world before going to Gaston’s Tavern to share a Cinnamon bun and a Lefou’s brew. This was lovely.

There was only a very short (actually walk on) queue for the Little Mermaid ride so we did this and then the girls rode barnstormer together. Next up was our fast passes, we did BTMR followed by Splash, where we did get a little wet, but not too bad.
It was hot now, so we wondered over to try a Citrus Swirl. Me and Amelia had the Orange swirl floats, Dave had a root beer float and Niamh had her first (of many!) vanilla soft serves.
Once we’d eaten, the girls went for a look at Swiss Family Treehouse while me and Dave sat and enjoyed the rest. It was really peaceful just sitting and watching the world go by, but in no time, the girls appeared ready to move on.

It was time for our final FP of Space Mountain so we crossed the park for this. We stopped in the shop afterwards to get new magic bands, these will do us as our ‘patterned’ ones next year too. Niamh got Peter Pan, Amelia got a Castle one, Dave got Mickey from Steamboat Willie and I got a Walt and Tinkerbell one.
We had managed to get a FP for the Tea cups, there really wasn’t much available at all for extra fast passes during our whole trip. So we rode this and then left the park.

Niamh had been suffering with two very big and painful mouth ulcers and would continue to do so for the next few days, this is a common occurrence for her on holidays, not sure why, it doesn’t seem to be much of an issue at home. This along with the tiredness of the first day meant she was pretty miserable so we cut our losses and left the parks around 1:30.

We stopped at Publix on the way back to pick up essentials, cheese, ham, bread and salad for tea, breakfast things, water, coke and snacks and left $115.99 dollars poorer at 3pm.

Once back we had some food, leftover pizza, sandwiches and salad had a little rest for a couple of hours and went to the small pool. I didn’t go in but the pool water was really warm, like bath water. Dave and the girls stayed there to have a swim / bath and also went in the hot tub, which they said was so warm that they were shivering when they got out! I had a little wander down to the hammock area and to the dock where you can hire boats from (it was never open when we passed by, but this may be as the resort was so relatively quiet). As we’d had a late lunch, we just had some more snack things for tea before early nights again.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely first day

*waves from outside the train station*

Jo x

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great first day

Joan
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Great magic bands!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How funny you have a picture with a fellow dinner in it!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List