Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
One week trip at two weeks notice - Day 6

30th May 2018 - Rainy day and Epcot

30th May

I woke up around 6 to heavy rain, once up at 7 checked the forecast and it was due to stay for the day. We re-thought our plans but eventually decided that we did still fancy Epcot, but just for the evening when the weather is meant to improve. So I looked at changing the FP for later.
I couldn’t change out TT one to later, so gambled on the fact that it was likely to be shut at the time we were due to ride and so we would be issued with anytime return (spoiler, we were).

We then reverted to full slob mode for a couple of hours, before the boredom got too much for Dave and he persuaded the girls to get dressed and go visit the games room around 10:30, they were back very quickly as it was very expensive in the arcade, so they’d done a lap of the resort and come back.

We sorted some washing and then head out out to Walmart at Cogan’s Crossing as we hadn’t done a Walmart this holiday (or either of our others) it was still raining when we got there so we made a run for it. I got some more Coconut Patties for my dad, this time Orange and Pina Colada flavour, Niamh got some key rings for her friends and I got some headphones for the plane as in ear ones do not stay in my ear! We also picked up some bits for lunch. We came back to the resort via dunkin donuts as Amelia was really keen to try them, they were OK, we all prefer Krispy Kreme though.
We also saw a truck stating that it did dewatering – not a term I’ve heard before and it made me smile.

It was 230 now, and there was still no sign that the weather was going to improve for the next few hours. We played cards for a while, Niamh invented her own game, which she named ‘Treehouse’ it was actually playable which surprised us all!

We left for Epcot around 4, taking ponchos with us, the forecast suggested it may dry up during the evening. It was still raining 20 mins later when we arrived, but not too much. We had a wonder through Mousegear where the girls got some key rings and we replaced the earrings Amelia lost last year. We then noticed that TT was now open, queue posted 130 mins as it was the first time all day we’d seen it open, we used our FP from earlier and were on in around 20 mins.
We had a young girl and her mother riding with us as single riders, I don’t think they had understood the single rider concept as kept asking to ride together. The mother was next to me and she had really long hair, it wasn’t tied back so kept whipping me in the face, wasn’t the most comfortable ride.
It was still dry when we exited and Amelia was keen to carry on with our FP – Figment next which was walk on, then Nemo which we didn’t actually use the FP for as it wasn’t quite time and was walk on. I think the girls agree that there is not much worth FP at Epcot other than Tier 1 rides now. It was raining now, and it didn’t stop all evening.

We braved the World Showcase, looking for food and just because we love wondering. In the end we did a full lap, with the girls getting hotdogs at the Outpost, we found a dry seat here too, bonus!
Dave got a Bratwrst from Germany, he really didn’t like this, soft serve ice creams were eaten at dry tables in America
and I had a croissant with ham and cheese in France which was lovely. I also picked up some Macrons for us to eat in the car going home.

We were all wet, my feet especially so at this point, but we really wanted to see the beach club to see whether thinking of swapping to it for next year was just due to nostalgia memories or whether it was for the best. To be honest, my feet were too sore and I was too wet to make a proper decision at this point, we didn’t even get inside. I was disappointed to see them storing cherry pickers in the courtyards outside the rooms though, I would not have been happy having one of those right outside my window.

We slowly made our way out, none of us wanted to wait for Illuminations, we were too wet. We were back in our hotel around 9:30 and off to bed soon after.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great gamble on test track - you're a fastpass genius!

Jo x

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done on carrying on during the rain

Joan
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope the rain goes away for you !
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List