Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Sep 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

USA Road trips

Hi All

After our trip to Vegas earlier this year and also travelling to Arizona and Utah to see the national parks. I have set me and my partner a task to see all 50 states and get pictures with the state signs.

Was just wondering if anyone has done anything like this or have any trip reports they could share with me.

Thank you

Edited at 10:52 AM.
samx57 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Hawaii bit tricky by car.
We have been to every other state.
Not every welcome sign is so easy to stop and take a picture as those you have done already.
Mostly they are on the side of interstates, unless you detour on to a highway.
Have fun !
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Hawaii bit tricky by car.
We have been to every other state.
Not every welcome sign is so easy to stop and take a picture as those you have done already.
Mostly they are on the side of interstates, unless you detour on to a highway.
Have fun !

Thank you. I'm just not sure how to group some of the states together and how long we would need in each state.
We ideally just want to do a few things in each state so any ideas of things to do would be great 😊
samx57 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did 7 states this year. Flew into Washington DC, drove through Virginia stopping in Roanoke overnight before a few nights in North Carolina. From here we did a day trip to zip line in Tennessee. Then drove through South Carolina to Georgia, overnight in Savannah and then on to Florida for 12 nights. We then flew Orlando to New York and had a couple of days here before flying home. All done in 3 weeks but if you shortened the Orlando section you could easily do in two.
I intend to do a trip report at some point, I did a pretrip with more info in if you are interested.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Yes we did 5 states in 2017 , got pics of the signs but some we couldn’t stop by. Trippie is in my index .
4 states on our trip this year. Trippie to follow .

Happy planning.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

We did New England last year - easy to get 4/5/6 states and a lovely place to visit!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Agree with New England! We did Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut and Rhode Island on our road trip this year. Would be easy to get New York in as well! The signs were easy to stop at too

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cream Soda
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve just returned home from our holiday. Drove from Washington Dulles Airport through Pensilvania then to Corning/Big Flats in New York State. Saw the state signs but couldn’t stop. The scenery was absolutely stunning. Also visited Niagara Falls -USA side-amazing !
Cream Soda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by The A team View Post
We did 7 states this year. Flew into Washington DC, drove through Virginia stopping in Roanoke overnight before a few nights in North Carolina. From here we did a day trip to zip line in Tennessee. Then drove through South Carolina to Georgia, overnight in Savannah and then on to Florida for 12 nights. We then flew Orlando to New York and had a couple of days here before flying home. All done in 3 weeks but if you shortened the Orlando section you could easily do in two.
I intend to do a trip report at some point, I did a pretrip with more info in if you are interested.

This sounds great I will try to find your pre trip report 😊 thank you
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
samx57
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We did New England last year - easy to get 4/5/6 states and a lovely place to visit!
This is hopefully my plan for next year. Jusy got to price it up to see if we can afford it x